packaging

NYcandles

I have tried packaging my candles when I do shows and lately I did a couple of shows with my candles not packaged, I just wrap them really well when they are purchased. Can someone give me your opinion on whether to package or not when selling at shows. Thanks!

I wrap all my scented candles in cello. It only inhibits the scent for the first few days, and then the scent comes through the wrap. I find that I have far less damage to my product with all the set up and pack up of shows. It also avoids the finger nail gouges that customers like to make (what is up with that anyway?) I do not wrap my unscented candles before sale, but have often had customers ask it I could wrap them in cello for them. Just my two cents. Janette

If I had a number of candles...I'd unwrap one or two in the scent, but keep the ones behind it in cello for easy grabs & purchase. I like how cello keeps the fragrance in the bag, so sniffing the top gives them a hefty whiff...but unwrapped is nice to handle & feel the texture, etc.