Spiced Orange - Fuel smell?

Jane42

I LOVE the Spiced Orange from Cajun Candle. We have used it in air freshners and jar freshners BUT I made votives and I could swear they have a fuel smell! :mad: I THINK I have seen here that some of the fruity scents may have this problem.

Do you think I would have better luck with a different supplier. Or maybe if I put less FO in (for votives, we do 1.5 pp)? I would love to have a great orange FO - fruity scents are my favorite. I just ordered Lemon Peel and Mac Apple from JS and keeping my fingers crossed I don't run into the same problem.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Jane

Thanks...I guess that is the next logical step - I do like their scents but I believe I ran into the same problem with the Mulberry Madness. I will have to check my records to see what ratio of FO to wax I did with that one. It was a container, burned beautifully, but just didn't smell quite right...:rolleyes2

Unfortunately, I seem to get a fuel smell from almost every citrus based FO. I can't get any to work! In fact, yesterday I was testing an orange clove and my sister came over and asked if my gas stove was left on because she could smell it. UGH

Anyhow, try dropping back the amount you use and add a little vanilla. Maybe 1/4oz. Sometimes that helps.

Angela why do you plug JS every chance you get? Based on your reviews a newbie would think JS oils are awesome. Beckys oils aren't that great JMO. Not only once but several times different people have experienced floaties in their fo's from JS. What gives?

What gives is that my opinion is my opinion and I am entitled to assert it. I have tried oils from many various companies. JS isn't the only company that I plug, by any means. However, JS is one of the most discussed suppliers on the board, which would likley account for the number of posts on the subject. I have never said that every JS FO works for me because that isn't true. But there are quite a few that do well in my waxes and I am entitled to speak as to those FOs. I have also never encountered "floaties" in my oils, so that has no bearing on my opinion of JS and Becky. If you check my past posts, you will see that I also plug Peak, BC, NG, CS, Snowtop and many more. Everyone has their own opinion and I am entitled to assert mine.