First Carving attempts

OK...I KNOW this is WAY out of my element, and like I really NEEDED something else to keep my hands busy :rolleyes2 ....so here they are.....my first 6 carved candles. If you squint your eyes they don't look too bad LMAO.

Bruce...if you see this, PLEASE "X" out immediately and save us both the embarrassment to YOUR craft!

Have to say, it is a lot of fun but I don't have a clue what to do with all these things...OH I KNOW.....they will be for THOSE relatives for Christmas;) !!!!

post-60-139458406681_thumb.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael~I didn't see these when I posted the first one, but these are "Incredible" I love the blue one and the burgundy colored ones! I guess Bruce is the "Brilliant" instructor of the craved candle class?? If this is the work of a beginner, I would love to see his work!!

Sue Ann

Ok Michael, you officially suck for saying these are your first carved lol (I really don't want to venture into anything new, and I hate you peep who inspire me to do so :P )- those are great - and the other bunch you posted are great also - nice job!:yay:

Thanks everyone!!! You are all very kind and inspiring.....makes me want to keep the tanks hot!

I just finished carving my first "ANGEL"...and OMG...she has a seriously square jawline..OK...square HEAD.......and her hands....well....she looks more like she is .....Woops...nevermind.....lets just say I need to learn how to do praying hands.:laugh2:

This stuff is cracking me up. Too much glaze!