best container for wickless candles

To get the best throw I would go with either the short wide mouth Ball Mason jars, I can sometimes get mine at WalMart and also available at Fillmore Containers. The tureens also work great and are cute but cost quite a bit more. The taller jars don't work as well as they take so long to melt and you need the top completely melted for a good throw.

Be careful if you are using vegetable wax and the Michaels warmers...the warning inside says do not use veggie wax candles and they "are likely to explode". Most of us think there is nothing to this, but I wouldn't want to sell them together with a soy candle and then have the customer read that...

just my 2 cents for what it's worth!

Ironically... I just posted to a thread about warmers. I use them at home all the time and my family and close friends who use my candles all use warmers in addition to burning. However, I suggest being cautious when selling them with your candles. Here's the discussion thread from earlier.

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28759

Here's another one I ran across a while ago.

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7875&highlight=importance+testing

J61160.jpg?sID=2W1CKFV5L8918NHNXE7EWE651V0K6GDEhas anyone ever tried these on candle warmers, I like that they look like they would cover the whole burner. Iv been using 16 oz tins because it bugs me for some reason to see a small container on the warmers, but would like to go with something as wide as the 16 that dont hold as much wax.

http://www.fillmorecontainer.com/images/products/J61160.jpg?sID=2W1CKFV5L8918NHNXE7EWE651V0K6GDEhas anyone ever tried these on candle warmers, I like that they look like they would cover the whole burner. Iv been using 16 oz tins because it bugs me for some reason to see a small container on the warmers, but would like to go with something as wide as the 16 that dont hold as much wax.

This is the Ball Elite Platinum jar that I spoke about in my above post. It fits perfectly on the warmer with no excess warmer-plate left uncovered. It melts very quickly too because it's so short. These are the best jars I've found for wickless and customers love them too :D

I loved the idea of the wickless.It was new to this area so didn't sell many.Kinda got strange looks and people were thinking about it and debating but only sold a few.Had one lady say "WHAT Do YOU Do WITH THE LEFTOVER WAX".I said it is to be thrown away.Well I don't think she thought such a great idea for the environment.IMO.She wasn't interested and looked strange.

They are safe and great for offices.For me I prefer to burn mine.We have enough garbage around here and need no more.Candle jars are enough to throw away. For others might be the way and I think I will go with tins this year.Metal I think scent would throw better on the warmers.

LynnS

I would think if using soy as far a disposing goes, wouldn't it be mostly bio-degradable??? Except for the color and fragrance of course?

How about offering a small dropper bottle with re-fresher oil for wickless? That way, when it starts to lose it's scent, you can simply refresh with a few drops of oil (once it's melted) and get more life from the candle. I do this for my home use and am thinking of adding this idea to my slowly developing line.

The ball platinum elite make great storage containers after they're empty and since it's soy, soap and water cleanup is a snap.

I think wickless will become more popular with exposure and education. So many places (offices, dorms etc) have candle restrictions because of the flame. They also throw really strong!

This is the Ball Elite Platinum jar that I spoke about in my above post. It fits perfectly on the warmer with no excess warmer-plate left uncovered. It melts very quickly too because it's so short. These are the best jars I've found for wickless and customers love them too :D

love the look of them:smiley2:

picked some of these up at walmart today and made some wickless. Love the way they look on the warmers! Our walmart didnt have many of them though maybe I can get into the city and look at another one this week.

I LOVE these jars...not readily abundant in my area so I get the tureens from CS. Also fit great.

Someone posted once that they went to their nearest True Value Hardware store and they order them for her. What the heck, they sell canning supplies and they are in that category. If you have a hardware store that sells Ball canning jars, jelly jars, Masons, etc., you can always ask them to get them for you.