Spice Bar - no name yet

Brenda

I wanted to make a spice bar, but didn't have an FO that I liked for it, so I concocted a blend of cardamom FO, cinnamon and nutmeg EOs, a little bay rum FO, and a dash of egyptian spice FO - the cardamom being the predominant scent. The bay rum and the egyptian spice give it a nice bottom note or "grunt" as my husband so delicately puts it. :rolleyes2 So far I'm really liking the scent. Here's how they turned out:

spice_bar.jpg

A cocoa butter (deoderized) heavy recipe colored with a little black cherry mica, swirled with a little gold mica, and stamped (that's a lot of work - now I remember why I don't stamp too often!) :)

I know I've been posting a lot (my apologies), but no one has "stopped me" yet! I've enough olive oil for one more soap, before I take a break from my soap pot. Don't know what to do yet, but thinking about a layered soap with white on the outside and color in the middle....

Thanks for checking out my soap! :)

Beautiful soap Brenda...the stamp even though it's a pain, is really a nice touch. I have a nice spice blend, but haven't soaped it yet. It is Spicey and OT carries it....might be nice to add it with Bay Rum.

Thanks so much for all your wonderful comments! :smiley2:

Can you enlighten me on the stamping? (not that I could actually do it, LOL)

e

Sure you could! Although fussy, it's easy. At first I tried loading the stamp with mica, but that wasn't enough to even notice on this soap. So then I stamped them, took a soft artist's brush and dusted the indentation with gold mica, and then a very narrow flat bristle brush and brushed the surface of the leaf edges with black cherry mica. After the first one I thought, "What a great idea!" After the tenth one I thought, "Well, this is taking a long time..." and by the twentieth bar I thought, "I could just leave the rest blank!" :undecided But reason prevailed and I finished the lot of 32 bars. I stamped these right after I cut them because they have a high cocoa butter content and it was hard to get a decent impression of the leaf even then.

Happy stamping, e! :)

After the first one I thought, "What a great idea!" After the tenth one I thought, "Well, this is taking a long time..." and by the twentieth bar I thought, "I could just leave the rest blank!" :undecided But reason prevailed and I finished the lot of 32 bars.

Sounds like fun. :shocked2:

Absolutely awesome!!!!! The coloring, swirl and stamp make this one classy and elegant bar. You just might have to bite the bullet on this Brenda, I think this one is a definitely keeper girlie!!!!!! Love em!