do big companies...

test?? i dont know whats the deal but in one week i went to two places, one was burning a root candle and the flame height was about 1/4 inch and no scent throw at all..do people even realize?? the lady defended it by saying oh people pick it up and sniff it all day thats why its burning like that? I will be bringing her one of mine.. then i went to a friends house 2 days in a row, she was burning a tyler candle the first day one wick was out and the 2 that were burning FH was about 1/4 inch , barely hanging on. the next day same thing?? do you think they test??

i know with jars ive tested and were very confident i have had a friend say the wicks were drowning.. maybe thats the case sometimes, finicky wicks and wax, mythinking is the wicks sometimes. i dont know.

they must test... i suppose to be successful.

makes me feel better though that even the big timers have a dud once in a while.. i still feel like i need to call everyone i sold to and see if they were satisfied, if it burned ok ect... i am small so i can do that with some of my customers...

I know a lot of people here just buy for the name and not the quality. I had a lady tell me she would never try another candle from "small timers" because they couldn't afford to make good candles :mad: :mad: . I gave her one of mine and a business card and told her to burn it and then call me and let me what she thought. She came back to the show the next day told me she was sorry for assuming and bought a few more candles. What's in a name?:undecided

Amy

My personal opinion on the biggies is that they are AFRAID to get a full melt pool. They are afraid that the idiots out there will not burn the candle correctly and then jars will burst or something will catch on fire. When that happens the idiots always sue. It is of course the idiots fault, but the big companies have to much too loose. I think their insurance provider are as much to blame as anything else. I have not seen a commercial candle that burns as well as my "bad" candles do. I am shocked everytime. When I bought candles I was always disgusted with how they burned. Between the left over wax, smoke stack, and lack of any scent I just couldn't stand it. I quit burning candles at all until I made my own.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Dat

it depends on the company and how much you pay I think.

The market is flooded with cheap Chinese imports,who do not have the same quality standards and testing proceedures as top European and North American manufacturers!

it depends on the company and how much you pay I think.

The market is flooded with cheap Chinese imports,who do not have the same quality standards and testing proceedures as top European and North American manufacturers!

Oh PLEEEAAAASE! Yankme is a North American candle company and they suck like a piglet on it's momma. Most companies are good when the come on the market, but it is not long before they are horrible. Has to be a dollar and cents issue. And the fact that most tunnel or leave a lot of hang up tells me they are afraid of a full melt pool.

JMO

Dat