what are you using for color

moefun

Im new here and I see you ladies have the most colorful soap ever.

I wanted to know what are you using? I see post about FO making color and the drys; but I couldn't find a thread just about where you get you colors or what you use so Im asking for a list; I would like to use colors and make some swirls. i have only made a few bars just getting into it but i think if i had color i wuld be more excited and do more.

Thanks in advance :grin2:

moefun, I just looked at your soap pics and you have been very busy. LOL

Looks great. Where do you get those great pails of coconut and palm.

That is the kind of supply I would love to have hanging around.

I color my soaps with lots of different things. Australian clays from KB, for example. Or oxides & ultramarines from BB or SS. I love the liquid colors from Dragon Lily (now carried by Soap Silly). I've even used micas for swirls. Herbs ... you name it!

has anyone ordered from here they show examples of how the soap will come out with the FO and the flora additives

http://addy.com/brinkley/index.html

I have ordered some fos and eos from them, they were quick to ship and the packaging was great. They ship in amber glass, I like that.

Haven't tried their colorants but I wouldn't hesitate to order them.

• 2 months later...

well i tried those soap chips i never was able to get the to work out just once on a messy pink swirl so i ordered the select shade haven't had a chance to use them yet but i will let you know what happen when i do.

Oh wow.. Everything from clays, herbs, micas, oxides, ultramarines, lab colors... But I started blending my own FD&C's, and I'm much happier. But still use all of the above but the lab colors, just because they are FD&C's.

Well I haven't tried it (yet) but I read where people have used crayons :shocked2: And I figured it might just bring back that discussion that crops up once every couple of months....lol

And I think I just saw another mica/oxide co-op going on......those are always wonderful choices for colors....:D