Shipping w/ Candles and Supplies

They ain't that bad, it's all business. Buy bulk. Thats the closest supplier to me so I figured I'd drive there (50 miles) and see whats up. when I stoped there it was pretty nice for being a supplier had everything in the showroom and you can determine what you need and how much ect.. there.

I'm sorry, but that is bad. Sometimes, we don't need to buy in bulk and some of us aren't able to buy in bulk. When I needed a pack of wicks, I used to order from C&S. But there is no way on this green earth that I'm paying $10 to ship some wicks to me. :mad: I think the minimum shipping charge is absolutely ridiculous and just another way to ream customers. Actual shipping only should be charged. Costs for shipping supplies and labor should be built into their pricing structure.

If you want another place to go, try Candle Science. They are an absolutely excellent supplier. Great customer service and they will not ream you on shipping. :)

Yeah, listen to Angela. There's no reaming going on at CandleScience, ever. You just won't catch them doing it. Super professional operation.

C&S, they may seem nice enough for a while. But they're plotting how to ream you, believe me. Just waiting for the golden opportunity. You don't want to get reamed, do you? I thought not.

I know my last order will be my last because of that $10.00 shipping crap. If I didn't have to have some of their Honeydew FO (one fussy GOOD customer) I would have gone elsewhere!! The box weighed MAYBE 2-1/2 lbs. and should have cost 1/2 that amount to ship!! :P

I have noticed some places when they have a sale will tag on the extra 10% or whatever it is onto the shipping costs, so you are still paying for it one way or another. So watch out! Shipping hasn't gone up as most companies have posted. I ship Mon., Tues., & Wednesdays and the prices haven't changed except for the fuel charge it is about 80 cents more.. Whoopy ding dong... If the companies are upfront about handling fees that is fine, but put it in writing. I am starting to think these companies think we are smelling too many wax fumes to realize what is going on...

Yeah, listen to Angela. There's no reaming going on at Candle Science, ever. You just won't catch them doing it. Super professional operation.

I love Candle Science! If C&S wants to set a shipping minimum, it's certainly their prerogative but they might be better served at setting an ORDER minimum like Candlewic does ($25.00) instead of reaming you on the shipping.

e

Thank you.... after just having a TERRIBLE experience with them in which I was given a credit, I was shocked to see this shipping cost. Well.... I guess I will use my credit and then be done with them.

Make sure they USE your credit towards your next purchase..

When they credited my account, they forgot to use it on my next few purchases. ( I had even called my order in so I could remind them to use the store credit..and they still forgot):confused:

If I were you, I would call Cindy the owner and tell her you want a credit card credit...not a store credit..

I just checked their website, and I did not notice any mention about minimum shipping charge on the Company Terms & Policies page. I placed an order with them recently and paid $11.83 for getting 11 ounces shipped to me. I thought that was a tad unreasonable, so I'm not going to use them anymore.

ETA: The shipping charges were so great because of the distance to ship. I decided that I was going to use supplies closer.

The minimum shipping charge does not show up until you are ready to check out and pay!!!!!:angry2: When you chose the type of shipping you want, that is where it is listed...

Bubblebath... 11oz cost you $11.83... I would be mad!! That is outrageous!!

C&S could have shipped USPS flat rate fee of $8.10!!

ETS... I can't beleive they even charged you more than the minimum shipping fee!!! OMG!