Air Fresheners..Helpful Hint! hahaha

Not sure quite where to put this thread, so I figured general?? :D

Ok..I have been making the car air fresheners for 2+ years, but silly me had a brilliant idea last night (or..so I thought!) As of late, the cookie sheets I'm using sometimes seem to leave a sliver streak on the back of some of my car fresheners (guess it's time to get new ones).

Anywho, I'm thought..hmm..what can I do so it doesn't leave a mark? Aluminum foil! Yep, I'll try that. Ummm...DON'T! :P That was the most stupid idea I have ever had! hahaha

The aluminum foil sticks to the back of the fresheners, and you have to carefully peel it off. Pain in the butt! So, that idea out the window! I ended up ruining half of my batch cuz the foil wouldn't peel off :embarasse

Wanted to share my experience in case anyone thought of the same thing! hahaha

That's so funny! I would do something like that.

Have you tried using parchment paper? It won't leave a mark and you can also reuse the sheets a few times, if they stay clean and don't get dark marks from the heat (which would indicate that it was getting too hot and could ignite if you reuse it). It's next to the foil at the store.

I know I use parchment when baking certain cakes and cookie. My kids and I make shrinky dinks using it and those little beads that you melt together using your iron to make key chains you have to use parchment for those.

I have been using aluminum foil ever since I started making them a year ago. I put the cutters on top, spray with pam, fill them and place in the oven. I bring them out of the oven and cover with a towel until they cool, and they pop right off.

Wow...thanks for all the help..especially Candleman!

I didn't spray with Pam..so maybe that was my problem? And I was using a generic aluminum foil. But, I will definitely try out all the helpful ideas!

Oh, I actually pop mine in the freezer right when they come out of the oven cuz I like the rough/beady look (and so do the customers)..so the freezer cools em really quick. I wonder if that's why the foil might have stuck too? UGH..I should just go back to the way I was making em! hahaha

Candle Man - the non stick teflon sheet...is that reuseable?

Wow...thanks for all the help..especially Candleman!

I didn't spray with Pam..so maybe that was my problem? And I was using a generic aluminum foil. But, I will definitely try out all the helpful ideas!

Oh, I actually pop mine in the freezer right when they come out of the oven cuz I like the rough/beady look (and so do the customers)..so the freezer cools em really quick. I wonder if that's why the foil might have stuck too? UGH..I should just go back to the way I was making em! hahaha

Candle Man - the non stick teflon sheet...is that reuseable?

Yes it is many many times.

Yeah, the silpats rock, but they're a little pricey up front - I just can't choke out $25 at once, I'd rather buy the parchment for $2.50 and ignore that I could save money in the loooooon run, LOL!

Ain't that the truth?:laugh2: