Is UV inhibitor necessary when...

you do not dye the wax in the container?

I am thinking about trying a few uncolored containers with a veg blend to see how they sell in my craft malls? Flourescent light is the light source. Thinking maybe I would see some yellowing if I did not use it.

Thanks...OH Cathy

Geek or Chris, I've just recently got some UV inhibitor - does it do anything different to the wax (soy or other), like make it more opaque, change the color, etc? Or is it just like you use it and forget it type a thing?

TIA

What is UV inhibitor? Really, what does it do to the wax to make it not fade? What's it made from? I have some and have used it but really didn't tested long enough to see if it worked. Tried it to see if it would prevent bleeding on some of my embeds. Didn't work for that, haven't found anything for that, yet.

Thank you for the advice. I have always used UV on every colored candle I make so I had a feeling I they would yellow without UV. I make all of my testers w/o color and have noticed one in the bedroom turned bright yellow around the edges with natural light, RA Coco Mango, I noticed it changing within 1 week. The more candles I make w/o color, the more I am beginning to like them, so we will see how the customer takes to them. Thanks again...OH Cathy

I poured up some pure soy from natures garden awhile ago and after a month or so they got all yellow at the tops of the candles. I used 1oz/ per lb. of F.o & it seems that no matter what fragrance it was, they yellowed, does this sound like a problem that could be cured by uv?

There are still some of my white candles/scents that will yellow with the UV in there. Some off the top of my head: WVS, Buttermint, Coco Cream Pie. Obviously those heavy on the vanilla.

WVS and Coconut are 2 of my good sellers and I've never had them turn from white to yellow, but that could be because of different suppliers, dunno!!

You also need to make sure your UV incorporates both UV rays.......there are many suppliers that carry it and some just don't work well. The only color I that still occasionally fades on me is blue if I forget to up the UV amount to 1/2 tsp./lb. :cool2: