help with summer sales

NYcandles

My sales have been really, really bad at the couple of shows I have done recently. People just do not seem to interested in candles during the summer. My dilema is....I have booked a 3 day, very large show and it is approaching fast. Does anyone have any ideas for some other type of merchandise that seems to be a hot seller in these months so that I can at least make back my expenses? Any and all suggestions are welcome and please keep in mind that with all my money going out and not very much coming in, my budget is very tight! Thanks

I haven't ventured into summer shows yet for that very reason. Since I only sell candles, tarts, etc., even my regular sales are slow in the summer. If you do any B&B, I would think that may help.

You can try air fresheners the ones you out in bas that has crushed corn cobs people seem to love them you can even put them in the vacume and it smells the whole house when you vacume i love them and i sell them fast. i found its hard in the summer to people are out alot and with the airfresheners you dont need to be home and it freshens your home and car its great

good luck

i got the mulch bags from paper mart

I wouldn't be too discouraged about sluggish sales. Retail is just slow right now due to sky-high gasoline prices, among other factors. People are just more cautious with their discretionary dollars these days. It's the nature of the economics beast to have cycles of good & bad. Hang in there, and try to ride it out! :) It's not just affecting us chandlers, but lots of other businesses as well.

P.S. I sell more CP/HP soaps in the summer, more candles in the fall/winter. :) I agree with the others -- B&B has helped make my sales more steady with fewer valleys come warm weather. HTH!

I sell more CP/HP soaps in the summer, more candles in the fall/winter. :)I agree with the others -- B&B has helped make my sales more steady with fewer valleys come warm weather. HTH!

Ditto! (only I don't sell HP soaps!)

Do you sell fragrance oils or refresher oils? I sell a ton of these 1/2oz oils, you can make them youself or buy them for around .65 each-mine sell for 4.00ea or special 3/10.00.

Also I carry incense super cheap to stock, you get 100 for 1.25 and I sell mine 10/1.00 or 100/9.00.

This year I am adding Body oils to my line I found a supplier that sells them for 1.00 each and will label them with your company name if you buy so many from them.

Just some ideas to think about that are fairly inexpensive to carry

Angiestaff