container layers

I am going to make a layer candle using greenleaf 70/30. But if I pour it in a cold container I get wet spots. So if I already have 1 or 2 layers in the jar how do you only warm the jar and not the wax to pour the next layer? I hope I am making sense.

Thanks

Suzanne H

I usually pour my next layer as soon as the layer is set up enough not to mix and is still a little warm, seems to keep them from having so many jump lines. the j300 (which has been discontinued)was great for the layers, but I just received my case of the 70/30 and have not tried the layers. Let me know how it goes. good luck!

I did a Embedded photo yesterday and that was a lot of fun. Even though I used a wax that was the wrong melt point. Whoops! I always find this stuff out afterwords~I am going to try one of these layered candles today! I am usually pretty good with the search on here. I just didn't seem to find any thing on this specific question. Maybe I didn't search the right key words. Thanks for all you relies and I will defiantly let you know how the 70/30 works with the layers.

Suzanne H

I use a blend as well and I always have trouble with colors bleeding..did not have this problem with plain 415 since it was poured cooler.

Do you all still pour at the hotter temp? I have scratched my layers for now since this. :sad2: ..wonder if it will affect the scent and burn if I pour it alot cooler than 155