Salt or Sugar?

aswan01

I prefer sugar just because there is nothing LESS fun than getting salt in a cut or sore :eek:

oh yeah that sucks! I was testing some..and well ouch..and when you make candle and B&B stuff ..if you don't have a boo boo or two..then you ain't working hard enough.:D

Sugar for sure......Started just with salt but had a son that washes HIGH-RISE windows :eek: and his hands were RAW!!! So I made him a Shea sugar scrub with soap in it ...His hands were HEALED within 3 weeks.:D

Guess what? I like salt! I see I'm really in the minority. I do agree that it will sting a little bit when used on freshly shaved legs. But I feel it is cleaner than sugar. When sugar gets wet, it makes syrup. Personally, I don't want a sticky shower and drain. Also, I've read that salt is very good and healing for your skin. This is just my opinion and preference.

That's what I was looking for - opinions and preferences and the reasons for them. I'm trying to decide which way to go with this scrub stuff. All the posts have been very helpful in explaining why you personally prefer one scrub over the other. Keep 'em coming.

I like sugar even though I scrub before I shave. Also they tend to put the plain white sugar on sale more often than salt, and I know sugar won't stick around too long unused like a 5 lb bag of salt would if other things get too busy.

Sami

I like to really scrub my skin. To feel like I've done something. Like I'm really clean and polished. I can't get that with sugar. I can't get that with regular table salt. I get the coarse sea salt. Stings once in a while but so worth it. For me sugar is like using a rough washcloth. I do think there are some customers who like the softer scrubs.