Logo ideas

Sally

My lovely neice is doing a web design course & has to make a website for a small business so she's kindly doing it for me.

I'll be selling soy containers, pillars & tarts, mostly undyed.

I also paint glass & lightbulbs & make brightly coloured window clings, & have always been known as Chiara Crafts.

Chiara is Italian for light/clear so I've been told...if it's not I've been telling folk the wrong thing for years, anyway I want to keep the Chiara & add Candles.

Here's the logo we've come up with so far, with different fonts to experiment with.

I'd really appreciate any comments /feedback on the designs so far. We're in the very early stages of the whole process & want to get it really good for both my neices course & my new business.

Oh & we both have fairly broad backs!

TIA for your input.

Sally.

[ATTACH]7102[/ATTACH]

post-3415-139458404295_thumb.jpg

This is what I found in the translator for light

light:

Principal Translations/Traduzioni principali: light (not heavy)adjleggero light (clear)adjchiaro (di colore, opp di scuro) light

adjlieve light (from sun, lightbulb)nfluce (generale) light

nmfanale light (illuminate)villuminare (rischiarare) Additional Translations/Traduzioni aggiuntive: light

adjleggere (plur fem di leggero) light (clean)adjpulito light (easy)adjfacile (leggero) light (neat)adjnitido light (simple)adjsemplice (chiaro) light (trivial)adjbanale (general meaning) light (unclouded)adjluminoso (chiaro) light (illumination)nfilluminazione (luce) light (light up)vaccendere (fuoco)

I think the flame "lighting the world" is kind of a cute concept. For fonts, I like the middle one the best, but the yellow on the flame seem out of place. I know it wouldn't be a 'true' flame color, but maybe if it blended from the red (as it currently does) on the bottom, up to the same lighter green that's in the globe, it might not be so out of place. JMO. :)

ETA: Maybe you could bring the flame down over the globe instead of above it, and make it larger but a bit transparent, like a watermark.

I am just wondering what the significance of the 'globe' is?

I also think the fonts are a little too 'plain'.

This is the font I have as my main logo, and I think it would work well with your candle business because of the twinkling stars, kind of like flickering candles?

Chiara Candles

I like the top right for the font.For the name is it going to be "Chiara Candles and Crafts"?? I also don't understand the globe either.

You do lightbulbs and paint and color those.Maybe some way tie candles and lightbulbs together and at the bottom mention under name Handcrafted candles and light bulbs.

I am not real creative but like someone mentioned you are not doing a world thing.

Like the flame and the font on the top right though.

Good ideas but I am sure with you and your niece you can come up with some real creative things.

LynnS

SoapInTheCity & HeavenScentU...there will be a slogan along the lines of "sending light around the world" or something similar.

Beth-VT.. I like the watermark idea.

Scented..lovely idea, not sure if my neice can do flash yet but we'll keep that one for the future.

Meredith D..like the flame dot too.

Thank you all, I'll be sharing these ideas & hopefully more with my neice over the w.e.

Sally.

I like the top right for the font.For the name is it going to be "Chiara Candles and Crafts"?? I also don't understand the globe either.

You do lightbulbs and paint and color those.Maybe some way tie candles and lightbulbs together and at the bottom mention under name Handcrafted candles and light bulbs.

I am not real creative but like someone mentioned you are not doing a world thing.

Like the flame and the font on the top right though.

Good ideas but I am sure with you and your niece you can come up with some real creative things.

LynnS

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm not planning on doing lightbulbs as well as the candles, mainly because they are only made for the UK electric system so I wouldn't be able to send them internationally.

I may well include a range of hand painted glass candle holders so including craft in the heading is a great idea.

I've talked about the globe thing in an earlier post & I like to think I'd be able to sell globally too.

Perhaps I need to find a globe style round mould & have a play with it, I haven't made them before tho I think I've seen earth style candles on a web site somewhere. Hmmm I wonder if I can find it again.

Lots more ideas to think about thank you all for your input.:cheesy2:

Sally.