Wondering if this is real. . .

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

I got a call last night from a guy in Seattle. I hung up because I thought it was a telemarketer. I've been getting those since my website has been up. He called back and left a message saying that he wants 150 gift baskets and what coudl he get in them and blah blah blah. I'm going to call back to see if it's legit because he called back and left a message. I called the number back and it was a legit number from the company he said, but I know better than that. If it works out, I'll get a decent deposit and an agreement. This is bigger than my regular customers who I trust. I hope it all works out. Now, I just have to figure out how to put together a gift basket. I suck at that!

as long as you get the money, i would get 1/2 before and 1/2 after....and as long as they are not from Nigeria. i would pick home oriented products other than for a specific person, and pick neutral candles like vanilla or apple.

You might have to drop ship each one to each customer so make sure you let him know IN ADVANCE shipping is extra and deifnately get 1/2 down and 1/2 BEFORE one single thing is shipped. I owned a gift basket shop and I know alot of professional gift basket makers and this is always a big part of discussions.

Sounds like a great money maker but a lot of work.. glad I never went corporate..wheeew. assembling 150 baskets..better get you some basket bags..I use cello rolls and man that would suck!

Anyone know what products you would put in a "marketing" gift basket to a realtor?

candles and air fresheners in neutral scents, maybe kitchen or bathroom hand soap, something decorative for new homes...and of course a crap load of biz cards.:D

The only thing that strikes me odd is why he would contact someone out of state when there has to be companies in his area that would provide the same service. I would suggest having him make a bank to bank transfer for the deposit. I have had someone actually deposit a fake money order, and another one deposited a fake cashier's check right into my bank account before. Dumb bank actually "cashed" them too, and here I am thinking they cashed and then 12 days later put my account on hold for fraud and told me they were fakes. Luckily I have banked with them for years so they figured out that I was not trying to scam them.

as long as you get the money, i would get 1/2 before and 1/2 after....and as long as they are not from Nigeria. i would pick home oriented products other than for a specific person, and pick neutral candles like vanilla or apple.

I cant stand those slimeballs over there giving us honest Nigerians a bad rep:sad2: Only a small handfull yet they shed a crappy light on the millions that are hardworking and honest.

Guest EMercier

It hought of that one too. Why would someone call me from the state of Washington. I called back, so we'll see what happens from there.

Guest EMercier

But I'm not going to turn away business because of that. I just don't like making them. If it's a huge one, I'll have to get a friend of mine to show me and help me. If it's small I can handle it. If it is true, I'm not going to turn away money. That doesn't make sense.