Canadians.... Canwax?

I have been trying for about 2 weeks, maybe longer, to get an order placed with Canwax. First, their website is very difficult to navigate and I could not get the right items in my cart. Then I emailed and waited for a reply, then emailed again. Got the details ironed out and waited for an invoice (to be fair, I DID change the order slightly twice so I take responsibility for that part of the delay). Got the invoice and was asked how I would like to pay. Emailed that info and waited for instructions. Took another 2 days to get that, paid and waited for some kind of confirmation. Emailed on Monday and asked if all was good and if the order shipped, no reply as of today.

My question is, is this unusual or has anyone else had the same type of experience?

I would like to add, although slow, Sandy has been very friendly and professional, it's just the time that has me bothered. I would have liked to have this stuff by now.

The last time it happen to me, my DH call S.J. and she said they didn't see my order and she gave me half of my shipping free. For the last 3 or 4 order there always something missing:undecided

I don't order via her web site i e-mailed her my order she send me the invoice and i pay via paypal. I receive my order 2 days after

Top, you're right, I probably should have called. I may be odd, but I like email better... That's just me. But if there is a website, doesn't that negate the need to call in orders... just a thought.

I did email several times, then waited, got the invoice and paypalled the money. I heard from them today and the box did ship yesterday. I just thought all the waiting for replies was a little much. Will update on whether the order was correct or not, should be here by week's end.

I will again say that all the communication I did get from them was very friendly and I am excited to try their products.

I've only ever had one small problem with canwax (wrong lids to the jars) and even with that they went above and beyond in fixing it. I'm very happy with their customer service. I've only ever dealt directly with S.J (which stands for Sarah Jane).

Top, you're right, I probably should have called. I may be odd, but I like email better... That's just me. But if there is a website, doesn't that negate the need to call in orders... just a thought.
Deanna, I totally understand how you feel. I've just concluded over time that we lean on the e-mail a little too much. It decreases the sense of urgency -- e-mail is probably something you deal with after you've dealt with phone calls and packing up shopping cart orders and whatever. Plus your order correspondence would probably be mixed in with a torrent of other stuff.

I make all my orders with them via e-mail (if using paypal) or directly from their site (using my CC) and I have never had any problems. My orders always come quickly. The only time I find a delay with them is if you try to get them late afternoon Friday or on the weekends, but they are usually caught up by Tuesday morning. The one problem I ever had was when one of my items was OOS and she had forgot to let me know. HTH

I have also dealt with CanWax, and find that SJ (SaraJane) is more than fair. I tend to order more from LyndenHouse though because I am in SK and Lynden House is closest to me (AB), where as any other supplier, CanWax, Village Craft, Wick Your Wax, are all on the opposite side of the country, therefoe shipping costs more and takes longer. Oh how I wish I had a supplier closer than 5 hours away, lol. :D

Hi,

I have never had a problem with Canwax, but I have found that email is their lowest priority. I place my order by email, but follow it up with a phone call. I pick up my stuff and it is always ready on the agreed upon date.

Like someone said, they were probably bogged down with a ton of orders because they are on two weeks of vacation. I hope everything turned out.

Michelle

And yet another testimonial for Canwax!!!:D

I buy 99.9% of my supplies from them.. Wax, wicks, colours and some FO'S!!

I too find that they won't always answer emails, but.... I'll place my order so they get it early in the morning, and I'm usually invoiced by around 4pm same day, and I receive my stuff the next day!!

I've had only one problem with an order not being received! When I didn't receive my invoice within 48 hours I called. The order hadn't gone through on the website! The situation was corrected immediately so I am one very happy customer!!

SJ is really great, and so is her staff! She did tell me though that they were training new people, so maybe that's what the problem was???

I do hope you receive your order soon though!!:highfive: