Newbie question - why no gel?

KMommy

I've seen a few post where people mention NOT allowing their soap to gel. I thought this was needed after you pour the soap into the mold for the mixture to become soap? Why wouldn't you want it to gel and how do you keep it from not turning into gel?

It's gonna be soap whether it gels or not. I use 100% goat's milk for all my soaps and personally prefer it not to gel as it stays more off white in color than when it gels. I put my molds in the fridge and don't cover them to prevent gel!! :cool2:

It's gonna be soap whether it gels or not. I use 100% goat's milk for all my soaps and personally prefer it not to gel as it stays more off white in color than when it gels. I put my molds in the fridge and don't cover them to prevent gel!! :cool2:

OK, so gel vs no-gel affects color. What else does it impact?

OK, so gel vs no-gel affects color. What else does it impact?

Non-gelled soaps stay softer longer, the lather is a tad different, some people claim that the scent is different (either stronger or weaker - personally, I see no difference) There are a few other variables, but really, in the end, whether to gel or not is really just a personal choice.