Im Pissed

Candlewitch

There have been occasions when from various suppliers ( that I can't remember because they got marked off my list ) I would get an outstanding 1 oz sample only to have the larger size smell like it had in fact been cut because it didn't smell or throw as well. As I said they are marked off my lists of fo suppliers.

Did you ever use a FO, and you know how it smells and you get it again, and they weakened it? I dont know which end is playing games but i let who i got it from have it. (tough guy i know) :cool2:

Well tell who it is, so we will know.

Call the company you bought it from because I had that issue with a gingerbread before and they got a lot of complaints about it and it comes to find out the maufacturer goofed...so they sent me a new bottle...and it was just Ginger..and not Gingerbread. ..so let them know..hopefully they will FIX the problem.

The supplier is looking into it, I will not badmouth any company that fixes what is wrong, I did find the older bottle of the same scent, it was still stronger but not as bad as i thought,, but they are still getting lower grade oils and paying for nice ones instead.

What a shame! I have been lucky that this has never happened to me. I have had another kind of problem though a few times. Once in a while a really nice sample is sent to me. I order that scent and it does not smell like the sample. For example, I smelled an awesome rose sample from a supplier. I go and order that scent because the sample smelled so nice. The bottle that I receive smells like rose, but it does not smell nearly as good as the sample did. I have stopped ordering from certain companies because of this.

I'm glad the supplier is looking into it. I have worked in the fragrance manufacturing industry for almost 10 years now and can tell you that this type of thing should not happen by accident. Before a batch is released by the manufacturer it should pass a chemical analysis (HPLC?) and "nose" test ensuring it is identical to the control sample. This is not to say things don't slip through the cracks - there are always variations, but a reputable mfg should check carefully. This said, some link may have made a "strategic" decision and not passed that information along - not nice, but it happens all the time.