White Elephant Exchange for Texas Candlemaking

AnitaG

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Bunny! They are bulky for sure. I just tried my first slab mold, but didn't put enough mixture together to fill it so it became a half slab, but I definitely have to work on coloring that one and making it way more functional :D

At least our makeshift liner held up for the most part, but even it is a PITA to clean.

I am with you Julie, I wish I could contribute something to these demos. I have asked Bunny several times about bringing something and she has never told me, so I guess she has it covered. I have a bunch of mango butter, containers, palm kernal oil, etc. if I need to bring it, it isn't a problem. This is all going to be so much fun. Making CP soap in a hotel room, LOL! Can't wait to see all of this. Gotta bring my notebook and pen so I can take some good notes. :D

I don't have a slab mold scented! I don't like the shape of them - or the room they take when you need 50+ bars!

Yeah, they are a little bulky, but I really love mine. I like my log molds too, but I can't get as good a swirls in them, as the log molds.

Kaybee - Just bring whatever you want because Bunny is never gonna say to bring something....:D She just wants to absorb all the cost of 'stuff' lol She is such a character! I say bring some butter and containers

Scented if you want to do a slab soap I have a slab mold that holds 3 pounds...I will bring it....Bunny taught me how to swirl in the slab and now I am awesome :rolleyes2 .....But with a log mold and swirling in the pot I suck! And I hate the log molds....love me some slabs!

What is the deal with the purse? Someone here makes purses? Oh I am gonna be a pro at stealing - think I have been taught by the masters!!

3 days and counting!!

Well I'm not going to be able to bring much since I'm flying in, but if anyone wants to bring a slab I'll be all eyes :D I've been using a log mold till this last batch. I think 1 a.m. is my best time to make soap. I don't sound like a sailor then, but any other time ... :shocked2:

TexasBrat makes handmade purses lol! Anita and Bunny do weaving, knitting and I'm sure a bunch of other stuff. I heard Sherie was thinking of stealing from her mom for the exchange lol.

4 days and counting here.

Bunny & Vertically Enhanced - CP Soap - Me a triple swirl and her a single swirl (Friday night, so we can cut Saturday night)

Ummmm... do you know that I have never made a bar of soap in my entire life? I would not know a swirl from a squirrel. :laugh2: I would love to learn how, but if you are counting on my for "how to do it", I got nuttin. I will, however, stand there dutifully and hand you supplies and soak in everything you are showing me. :D

VE you're about to get baptized into the soaping world and I'm not going to tell you what to expect LMAO!!

Have SHerie bring her gizmo and be in on the swirling party lol. The woman can do 10 things at once.

I have to disagree with you Julie. She can't do 10 things at once......she can do at least 12 things at once, LOL! :laugh2:

I just found my 4oz jars, I can bring them for the scrubs, also have some stuff for bath bombs, will bring if I need to. I can bring soap supplies too if I need to. just someone let me know, ok. 4 day's & we will be together.:highfive:

Anita, I can't even remember what all I have put in my boxes....so if you could just bring some oil(s) to do soap or/and maybe scrubs? I have put lots of fo's, sugars, some other stuff in my boxes....will bring all my soaping stuff (like bowls, pot, mold) and I know we have the lye covered.....So whatever you think I have forgotten, just throw it in your box....:D And anyone else not flying in - just bring what you think we will need....:laugh2: :laugh2: I am sure I will forget something since I have been putting stuff in boxes for a couple of weeks - but an ass*** stole one of my boxes and I can't remember what was in it except fo's....:angry2:

VE you're about to get baptized into the soaping world and I'm not going to tell you what to expect LMAO!!

I am all for baptism by fire! I just don't want anyone to think they can count on me for learning anything. I am good for party tricks, though. I can do this really weird thing with my tongue and in college I used to be able to put my fist in my mouth. Yeah, I was surprisingly popular with the dudes. :laugh2:

I am all for baptism by fire! I just don't want anyone to think they can count on me for learning anything. I am good for party tricks, though. I can do this really weird thing with my tongue and in college I used to be able to put my fist in my mouth. Yeah, I was surprisingly popular with the dudes. :laugh2:

NO FREAKIN WAY! The fist thing was my bar trick! ...that and tying the cherry stem into a knot with my tongue...lol

Ummmm... do you know that I have never made a bar of soap in my entire life? I would not know a swirl from a squirrel. :laugh2: I would love to learn how, but if you are counting on my for "how to do it", I got nuttin. I will, however, stand there dutifully and hand you supplies and soak in everything you are showing me. :D

No honey, you're not just going to hand me supplies. We're going to do this together. We'll do the lye water together, measure and melt the oils together. I'll make the first batch, and you're going to make the second batch. Will be right there to guide you through it. Making the soap is the easy part, understanding the soap is the hard part!

You're gonna make soap! WOOHOOO!!!

:yay: Woohoo VE is gonna make soap!

Don't forget Bunny, if there is anything I can bring, butters, oils, stick blender, anything, if I have it and you need it, I will bring it. Containers, ziplock bags, whatever. I just don't want to bring something that 2 or 3 others are bringing, since there will be 3 of us traveling in the car, with luggage and an ice chest.

*sniff* I cannot believe I am going to have so many people helping me. I am touched! Seriously, what an opportunity to learn the craft from the masters. I am a little wary of my business account, though...I have a feeling adding soaps to my list of fun things to do is going to break me! I cannot just "dabble" in something...lol.

Kaybee.. Bring what you want! Soap mold, oils, butter, stickblender, containers.. Whatever! Would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it! Who knows what concotions we'll make!