Need a moisturizing shower gel

Lady Di

I've got a customer who has asked me to make her a moisturizing shower gel. She has very dry, itchy skin. I'm afraid if I add to much oil, I'll take away from the lathering properties. Does anyone have any ideas or recipes?

I wouldn't think that you would need very much oil in it. I would just try making up a small batch and testing it.

Greenleaf has a shea butter shower gel base that says it's moisturizing but not greasy. I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to it sounds great.

Also, I added Jojoba bead to mine and it exfoliates and leaves your skin feeling soft. HTH

I can't believe no one has suggested for her to boot the shower gel!

That is what I would do - convince her that shower gel is actually her problem and not the solution. Give her a bar of homemade soap and tell her to use a scrubby. I bet you can convert her, you just have to try.

I LOATHE shower gel - can't ya tell? LOL

I'm new to the hand made soap thing, but I only used "commercial" soap on the , um, hot spots. Arms and legs got a quick rinse with just water, or I used a gentle scrub that is like the Bohunks - basically butters, oils , and scrubbies.

I can't believe no one has suggested for her to boot the shower gel!

That is what I would do - convince her that shower gel is actually her problem and not the solution. Give her a bar of homemade soap and tell her to use a scrubby. I bet you can convert her, you just have to try.

I LOATHE shower gel - can't ya tell? LOL

I know what you mean, but there is no convincing some people of anything. Some people just like using shower gel over any soap. I hate shower gel and only use soap.