Glass screen printing?

Connie

Has anyone ever had any experience with getting jars printed instead of putting labels on them? I have someone that may be interested in doing a private label this way. I know it would be quite expensive but her place is rather upscale and that would'nt be a problem as long as she gets what she wants.

Actually we have been printing our jars for years. We have two table top printers. We only use the one. Might consider selling you one.

I'm leaving for vac in 2 hrs!!!! soooo I won't be available to answer any ? until the 27th.

I think what you will find is that most printers will have a minimum quantity in order to run a job for you (that would make it cost effective anyway). I'm talking about 5,000 to 10,000 piece minimums--and that's considered a small job.

Have you considered using crystal clear labels instead?

I think what you will find is that most printers will have a minimum quantity in order to run a job for you (that would make it cost effective anyway). I'm talking about 5,000 to 10,000 piece minimums--and that's considered a small job.

Have you considered using crystal clear labels instead?

Contact Fairway (Ron) and he would be willing to print a couple of pallets worth of jars for you (Screen print, that is) and, that would probably run you (depending on the glassware), around 2,000 jars.

It depends what type of container you have in mind.

I used to buy my glassware from Ron, and he has great customer service and products. Since then- I have found a different source that gives me free shipping and made in the USA products. Life is good.

Here is a link for custom printing:

http://www.customglassware.com/allglass2.htm

Check your phone book- as you could be pleasantly surprised to find a company that does this local.

• 3 weeks later...
OHHH that's nice, I wonder how you set it for your designs? Do you have to create templates? Wonder how hard that is...

Wish I had almost a Grand to drop on one!

By the time you add in the other supplies you need to get started screens, squeegee, emulsion, exposure unit, flash dryer & ink it would be about 2 grand.

If you did enough orders from people on here you could make your money back in a short time. It would just coust them shipping both ways plus printing, shipping to get the candle container to you, printing then shipping back to them.

Not only can you print on glass with this unit but with another kind of ink you can print Kooze insulated can holders with your Logo on them for a great promotion.

That would be a pad printer and would be cheaper than screen printing. You would have to build a gig to hold round objects and you would be limited to a one color print. You could do as many as 2 colors but not any more because of registration (lineing up second color) would be to hard to get it right.

You would use a special ink for glass and would have to be heat cured in an oven about 200*F-250*F for about 20 minutes.

This is there site direct with more info and supplies http://www.bestpadprinter.com/