How many of you......

I went colorless about 2 years ago!!

Best thing I could have done!! No worries about frosting!!

It did not hurt my sales at all.. (I was worried about that also.)

The white candles are elegant. IMO

My colorless still frost, it just isn't as noticeable unless you are looking for it.

Am new to soy wax but everyone who has seen what I'm making or has tested candles for me prefers the undyed look.

I love the simple clean look too but I may include a small range of coloured container candles.

Even tho the heavier oils alter the natural colour of the soy it's not a dramatic change & still looks natural IMHO.

I'm colorless too and I've had many customer's comment on how they like it better that I don't color my candles. This way the candles look good in any room in their house. I do have a few jars that are frosted with white engraveing on them, now those I do color b/c the engraveing doesn't show up unless there colored. But I sell more uncolored candles than the ones I color. HTH Cindy/WI

I am not sure my customers have a preference. I do however like to color mine, as I am a total *color* person, love color. My customers don't care about the little frosting that may occur, as long as it burns well.

I have never colored my candles and have never had any problems from customers or request for color. It is true that frosting shows up in uncolored candles as much as colored ones. Also, the FOs can affect the color of your wax. Lots of times, my candles have a yellow color to them but I explain to customers its just because of the FO and doesn't affect the quality of the candle or burn. I only add some green coloring to my Bayberry votives that I do at Christmas. Each votive is a different color combo of white and green.

I m not sure how it would go but I was thinking about colorless but when ever I went candle shoping I always went for colors before I even read the label, I did a study on quite a few candle lovers and found that color atracts the eye so it may not make a big deal to customers you already have nut it may have an impact on your sales where the are other candles involved that are colored but, in going to offer both that wayif someone likes the natural look of colorless candles they can have that and if they like color they can have that also.:cheesy2: Hope that helps.

most of mine are colored. most of my customers like it. I do have it stated in my brochure, that I can make any scent any color or colorless. I do get orders for different scent/color combinations, ie- I've made a Hunter Green -Mulberry scent, a layered shades of Purble- BlueberryCheesecake scent.....people seem to like having choices

Color all the way. :cheesy2:

Color's trigger different regions of the brain subconciously (sp). If I can find a good study I will post the link later. Laugh if you will, but it's true. Plus with my permanent candlenose I would never be able to tell them apart if they sat for a few days.

I personally would purchase a candle based on the scent and container.

But some consumers will base their purchase solely on color and how they perceive the correlation with the fragrance. Something to consider for marketing and sales purposes.

Color all the way. :cheesy2:

Color's trigger different regions of the brain subconciously (sp). If I can find a good study I will post the link later. Laugh if you will, but it's true. Plus with my permanent candlenose I would never be able to tell them apart if they sat for a few days.

I personally would purchase a candle based on the scent and container.

But some consumers will base their purchase solely on color and how they perceive the correlation with the fragrance. Something to consider for marketing and sales purposes.

That's a very good point. I think I mentioned here on another post that I had an order for deep purple pillars with french vanilla fo. Every single person that I asked to smell them and tell me what they smelled like said grape or some sort of berry, even my friend the ditz picked one up and asked what the fo was ( it was her order!!) I do color my paraffin candles but for the soy I'm keeping them plain in a frosted jar with a small ribbon around it to denote fragrance as well as the label on the lid. So far so good.

I agree with mystic angel. We respond to color if you were to take a particular scent without color and hold it under someones nose and not tell them what scent it is. They won't identify the scent as easily. Our eyesight ties in with our olfactory senses. I have tested that theory with several people to determine if I wanted to go colorless or not. With fruits, coffees and bakery scents I color. Florals and aromatherapies I leave plain. I truly like color because I coldn't take scents like Cotton Candy or Birthday cake and have fun with them. To be honest if you were to take a empty room and have nothing but Ergo on one side and Beanpod's on the other. I would honestly go for the Beanpods because of the eyecatching effect of the color. If you honestly notice the packaging between the two brands Beanpod is simple. Ergo has to use a noticable box to sell their simple plain colored wax in a tumbler. I imagine Ergo pays more in marketing costs than Beanpod.