unknown wicks...How do I tell

Unfortunately, I don't know of any way to tell by looking what wicks you have. I can only suggest you start testing them. I know how family and friends try to 'help', lol. I had a good friend hand me a bag of USED wick tabs she had been saving for me! I didn't know what to do, lol. I just told her I couldn't reuse the tabs, & that they were cheap for me to buy. Good luck, it might be better to just toss them, unless she can remember the seller's name so you could contact them.

Pam R

My mother bought me some wicks from Ebay. God love her' date=' there is no description of the wicks, size, etc. All I know is that they are cotton, pretabbed and kind of yellowish looking. How do I tell what size and kind they are? TIA![/quote']

Did you check the listing for the wicks?? Or even try to get ahold of the seller...

Jeanna

I emailed the seller and they said they bought them in bulk and didn't know what they where.:mad: However, I took the advice and counted the strands, there are 30 w/5 of them being a dark brown color. It is a flat braided wick, coated. Does this help?

Picture. Picture. Picture. That's what's going to help me make some comparisons, but it eliminates some of the wicks, such as square braid it ain't. Not zinc either, or you would see wire in it. It won't be RRDs either.

Do you have a link to where you bought them that we can look at a picture. I'm thinking HTP, but I'm not going to swear by it.