Shower Melt

Does anyone have a recipe for a shower melt thing? It would be like a small bath bomb shaped thing that you can set on the floor of your shower and then it melts as you shower to let the scent escape? It's not a soap or anything...I'd like to put some EOs to make a sinus type thing for in the shower. Does that make sense???

I don't think you need much a different recipe other than a bath bomb. I would keep the oils very light, or maybe not even use any. Stricly a bomb with fragrance & witch hazel to hold it together.

yeah don't want to make the tub slippery.. I would say try with baking soda and witch hazel and the FO or EO..would not really even need the fizz ya know..why waste the CA

OHHH I saw something like this on T.V. it was all the rave for a couple of months. Basically it's aromathereapy for you bath. It was like a bath bomb??? But it's sole purpose was to make your shower smell good...

I guess if you made it using no oils (since you don't need the moisturizing properties) it could be made just like a bath bomb...

ok..guess I am gonna get the Eucalyptus and bath bomb stuff out and make my hubby try one of these this weekend.. he has a stuffy allergy nose right now..perfect tester. I don't think I am going to do cornstarch or citric acid though.

Here's a good question...

Is there a way to "prolong" the time it takes a "bomb" to fizz? I think in this case you would want it to last as long as possible. Since people aren't looking for the "fizz" they're really just after the smell in the shower. My showers take 20 minutes or more (I know I"m a slug) I wonder how long a regular bomb would last in a shower? Longer than when it's completely submerged into bath water, I would assume....

• 3 weeks later...

I made some of these using just a basic bath bomb recipe. You definitely want the fizz as this is what helps the fo disperse in the shower better. I tried it without the fizz and it just didn't work right.

I gave out a few to friends and they loved them. I made them in bigger molds so they would last longer and also I told them to not put directly under water kind of to the side that way the water doesn't just hit directly on it and it lasts longer. I had a post on here some where when I made these. HTH

I have a recipe for a "cold relief herbal soak" which is actually a tub bag, but i'm assuming it would work just as effective for the smell in a shower. Not too sure on it though but i have the recipe for it if your interested. I was thinking at first hang it from your shower head and make sure the water is aimed from your shoulders down but don't know if that will work. Sing out if you want it though.

I think the ones on tv are called soothers, aren't they. I've tried them in the shower and wasn't impressed. It was a fake menthol scent. I'm sure a home made one would be better smelling. I take a 10 minute shower and it was just about gone at the end of the shower.

I would say it wouldn't need any oils either. Just to disolve and dissipate the menthol and/or eucalyptus into the air.

Hi the ones on tv are called Shower Soothers-the ingredients on the box are:

Magnesium Chloride, Citric Acid, Sodium Carbonate, Calcium Phosphate Dibasic, Fragrance, Maltodextrin, Polrthylene Glycol 8000, Topical Starch, Calcium Silicate, Silicon Dioxide, FD&C Blue Aluminum Lake, FD&C Yellow #5 Aluminium Lake.

Directions say to keep in foil packet sealed until ready to use.

HTH(I'm a sucker for bath stuff)

Angiestaff