Belly Oil

CareBear

I tried to make a soothing belly balm for a friend who was itching like crazy and didn't think she could stand it another minute. She is due in 3 days!

The balm came out too soupy, so I upped the oil and put it into a bottle. She loves it. Said it calmed the itch immediately, didn't leave her too greasy, and the itch stayed gone for a while.

This is what I THINK (:() I did...

2 parts cocoa butter

1 part mango butter

1 part avocado butter

3 parts calendula oil (in soy)

1 part sunflower oil

Now I'm just terrifed she'll ask for more!

Gotta get working on that baby oil next!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have been using this recipe from Craftbits.com

http://www.craftbits.com/viewProject.do?projectID=615

2 parts Cocoa butter

1 part Shea butter

1 part Mango butter

2 parts Virgin coconut oil

Rose geranium essential oil

it seems similar to yours but mine was not runny at all..

I didnt add the rose though..

I would like to find a balm a really thick buttery balm. any ideaS?

That's what I was originally aiming for - think & buttery, but when I saw it wasn't going to happen I opted to add more oils and make it a liquid.

I'll keep trying, but I think if you add a bit of jojoba to yours it might work. I've never worked with VCO - does it liquify like regular CO?

• 3 weeks later...

Funny thing is, I didn't do diddley (and I have the dryest skin ever). No lotions, oils, butters, creams...

2 kids, no stretch marks! (meanwhile my sisters and my mom have TONS!)

But I think rubbing your skin with anything moisturizing probably feels really good!

interesting...I used cocoa butter everyday and drank tons of water. I have TONS and TONS of stretch marks. Of course the twins were 7lbs 10 ozs and 6lbs 4 ozs. That's a lot of baby and each had their own water and such.

Personally, all I think creams do it help take away the itch of stretch marks..

And Carol.. You sure didn't have to tell us about your non-stretch marks! Don't make me come throught the PC and shake you! LOL!

I second Bunny, I'm of a very slender build and have 4 children & 5 pregnancies, when i was pregnant with my first I was 17 I didn't even know what stretch marks were, when i finally got the courage to show my MIL, was the time that i was in terrible distress and sooking like a baby. I didn't exactly have stretch marks where my skin was white and i had purple lines, it was more like my skin was purple and i had an occassional white line. From breast to thigh i was covered purple. I got an extra 2 with my second child, but the other 3 not a one, The last one i itched terrible but when i rubbed stuff on my belly i itched and burned for days i couldn't use a thing :( . Wish I could of though some of these recipes sound brilliant.

Oh, gestational diabetes is not fun! Never had it but my friend did and she bloated up like a whale.

I think that getting stretch marks is a genetic thing too. If your momma had them, chances are you will too. My mom has 3 girls, and had twins and triplets that were born too early (in the 70s they were not that advanced yet) that did not survive, and not one single stretch mark.

So here I am stretch mark free:p :laugh2: Ok, I will stop rubbing it in too.

On another note, I heard that glycolic acid peels once a week can get rid of them. You can do them yourself at home.

That makes total sense about the glycolic peels! I'll have to write that down in case I get any marks with this one. I didn't get any with Henry (rub, rub), and so far, with this one, I'm also mark-free, but I've still got the major stretching to go, so I'm trying not to jinx myself. My mama didn't get any either, but you never know...I was always convinced I would get them in pregnancy because when I was in HS, my breasts went from an A to a C within 3 months, then grew to a large D within the next year, so I have some nice stretch marks on those puppies. I figured I was screwed when it came to having babies, but so far, I've managed to stay out of the woods (knock wood, cross fingers, whatever I have to do)!

• 2 weeks later...