Red for Soy

Can anyone tell me how they get real true red in pure soy wax? I have tried with my liquid dye and always come out with pink. I'm afraid to use too much. I already use 10 drops pp. I'm using liquid dye from just by nature. Can I use more than 10 drops pp without adverse effects, or do I need to use different dyes??? TIA for any help!!

The liquid dyes from BCN work great in soy, too. I purchased some Shades of Red Berry and got deep colors with this. I believe I used only about 10 drops per pound, but I also used a bit of liquid black to really darken it. They also have the Shades of Scarlet that will probably give you the deep red you are looking for. You can find it in their closeout section at only $4.95 for two ounces.

Adding black with red will give you mauve/burgundy rose color. I know it sounds crazy but add some brown. Try like an 8:2 red/brown ratio and see where you are at - should be close to a lighter ketchup red. If not, add another drop of brown.

HTH

Thanks all for your help. I got my pryme dyes today, it looks like they are gonna be a lot better. I just have to play around and find the right combo to get the red I want. I made one last night and it came out a nice deep color but it had a maroon tinge to it (using straight red). I would like to get the ketchup red so I will have to find a combo. I think I will try the brown!! Thanks again for the advice!!!