When adding Coffee

pamperme

..to a scrub would you wet it down first to make it softer or would you just throw it in and let the other wet ingredients soften it up..so it does not tear up your skin?

I heard this is excellent for cellulite and I want to play around with a batch or two..hmm..maybe three. :rolleyes2

I did a swap where I "threw" it in and I got feedback saying it was too big. So I still "throw" it in dry, I just put it in the coffee grinder, to chop up the bigger chunks. I'd rather put it in dry and let the oil soften it, than bring water into the mix. I use a preservative, but why tempt "the nasties" with water when the oils will do the same job- LOL :)

What about softening it in oil overnight before adding it to the mix..do you think that would be better..or is it still better to grind it up?
That's an intersting idea, use the oil you are going to use for the scrub and soak it.

I don't know, I guess that's an individual thing. Maybe you can do a small batch and divide it in 1/2. 1 part mix the grounds in directly and the other part soak your grounds then add and see which you like better. I'd be interested in the results. I think adding it direct would be ok. Are you adding sugar or salt or actually any other scrubby with it??

I read the ingrendient off another scrub and it was sugar, sea salt, epsom salt & coffee grounds with avocado oil, vitamin e and some other extracts. I I am not sure if I would add all those..maybe just the sugar and coffee.. and skip the salt..I prefer the sugar personall it does not seem as rough on the skin..and if the cofee is rough then well that would be just to much.. maybe I will give it a try with some sunflower oil tonight.

How about sunflower oil (I don't have avacodo oil), sugar, cofee and some chocolate scent. YUM..gonna make me wanna eat it. :drool:

It sounds good :drool: . I know someone that makes a scrub using sunflower oil(she luvs this oil for scrubs).

I make a whipped body scrub w/ FBB, and add shea & coffee butters, besides a few other oils, a preservative, and Vanilla Hazelnut Mocha FO. The scrubbies I use are sugar, a little re-grounded grounds, and vanilla bean fibers.

When I made it for a swap, I had it as a facial scrub. But I decided as the FBB is drying, IMO, and from feedback to make it a body scrub and add more scrubbies.

I don't, through feedback people thought the grounds were too rough, so I purchase a small coffee grinder and ground the coffee grounds up smaller.

Boy would those fresh from the bean grounds smell heavenly if you were to do that :drool: . I just LUV the smell of coffee!!!!

How about sunflower oil (I don't have avacodo oil), sugar, cofee and some chocolate scent. YUM..gonna make me wanna eat it. :drool:

Personnaly I avoid anything with sugar cause I HATE the ants it attracts. Even if I get the drain all cleaned out, I somehow always miss something around the rim of the jar of somewhere else....

I have used coffee grounds many times. I have found that grinding them very fine is helpful. I really like the way they feel, but feel they are a pain to clean in the tub. I love taking baths and they stick all around the side. So when I make coffee scrubs for myself, I leave out the grounds and just go with coffee butter and coffee fo.

Ann

Do you think adding actual brewed coffee would work..ok maybe not a good idea..then you are adding water in again...crap..did not think of the mess..and we don't want to use instant..oh..hmmm..maybe there is an idea..adding the instant coffee to a sugar scrub it will dissolve in the oils.