Alternative to Clycomethicone

Awhile back I asked Judy at To Die For and she suggested Alkyl Esters as a great substitution for those who don't any of the silicones in their body splashes. I'm not sure if that is what you are trying to make or if it is another item. http://www.ingredientstodiefor.com/item.php?item_id=143

the insect repellant. I wanted to say that it was chemical free, but I cyclomethicone is a chemical right?

If you use alkyl esters and citronella essential oil you can.

OK, so what do you mix with the FCO for the dry oil spray?

You can use just FCO & FO or you could add other light dry oils.

FCO has a very long shelf life of many years, when stored & handled properley.

Be careful about other oils because they my go rancid quicker or have a shorter shelf life.

Sweet cakes is local to me and they have "coconut oil" but it doesn't say fractionated. Is that the same thing or not? AND does FCO alter the effectiveness of the essential oils at all? *(for insect repellent in particular). Sorry for all the questions, I really want to make this the right way though.

No, straight up coconut oil will be solid at room temp, definetely not sprayable. Try MMS (called coconut oil fractions) or another supplier.

We honestly won't be able to tell you how good it'll work in your application, but I would think it might work well. Just order a lb or two to start out with and enjoy a few nights when the mosquitos are out to see if you get bit!