Finally Got My E-Z Up

eugenia

Let me tell you, I had borrowed a tent before and there is simply no comparison! Broke it in at a show today. Event was OK, not great. Was supposed to be yesterday but it got rained out. It's normally coupled with a 5K run and Kids Olympics and gets much better attendance (the run was yesterday, Olympics were cancelled). I did nd up putting the back side on but did not get a picture of that.

000_0134.jpg

000_0139.jpg

Nothing compares, does it?

Sorry your day was not so good. Your display looks really nice. I love your sign. I think your products could benefit from some height. I got a couple of crates from Michaels (with my 40% off coupon, of course). They are great to carry stuff and, set on their side, give some dimension to the display.

Did you make your table covers?

Oh, and cute last pic...you and your daughter?

Nothing compares, does it?

Sorry your day was not so good. Your display looks really nice. I love your sign.

Got that on Ebay for a song last year, $35 I think. Search for custom banners.

I think your products could benefit from some height. I got a couple of crates from Michaels (with my 40% off coupon, of course). They are great to carry stuff and, set on their side, give some dimension to the display.

I agree. I want to look into some sort of collectible display type stuff, but very simple and natural looking. I'd like something that looks like wood crates. Hubby and I were talking about that today.

Did you make your table covers?

Yes I did. I had a bunch of tablecloths that I butchered up and made the full length. I left one side sieam open so I can store everything beneath and have it invisible.

Oh, and cute last pic...you and your daughter?

Yep, that's my helper Siobhan. She is 10.

Eugenia, where did you get yours. I have looked at Sams Club and they don't have them and online it looks like it's the bigger one.

Got mine from http://www.hutshop.com. Came complete with the walls. I am so impressed with the quality of this tent. I took it down myself today with no problem at all. To compare the borrowed one, which was from Costco:

Buttons that you push got bent

Feet were plastic and broke

Side walls were awkward and heavy and no zippers.

It was a lot of work to take up and down and I think that one was $200.

The EZ-Up was well worth the extra money. I am very happy with it!

For height I use crates and also a 2 tiered dessert tray I got from Big Lots for 10 bucks. Just put a cloth napkin on top of the plates and you are good to go. A little ivy wrapped around the wrought iron frame gives it a nice touch.

If I were doing shows outdoors I would definately have to have one of those. It is way too hot down here to participate in any outdoor shows.

I like your display and your pic of you and your daughter is very cute.

Guest EMercier

I can't see the pictures until I go home :cry2: , but I just put one on layaway at Walmart. It's a 10X10. It is on wheels and will fit in my trunk or the backseat. Here is the link.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/search-ng.gsp?search_constraint=0&search_query=canopy&ic=20_0

I have the 5th one down on layaway. It's only $88. I have the one that you have to put all the legs and stuff together and them the top. It takes too long. My BF and I were forever doing that two years ago at a show. Now, the same show I want to do again I will have one.

I also happened to get my label blown up for a sign. It cost me $2 at staples. I just bought the easel and large black heavy weight paper to put behind it. Didn't have it ready for my last show, but it's good to go now!

Just a warning....

I bought 3 new 10 x 10 EZ Ups last year for our outside shows...and the tops all leak--even with condensation! At one show, I opened up the sides only to reveal to my horror that all of my items were soaked! I have contacted EZ Up and they are supposed to send me three new tops...which have been on back order for over 2 months! Apparently, when they bought this batch of fabric or had the roofs made, it was a very bad batch. I have heard numerous complaints from crafters.

I am located in MO. So hopefully other areas are okay. Just may want to test the tent with a hose before a show. I know I am going to do that with these "new" ones!!

It might be easier to elevate your table than to elevate your displays. At your local hardware store they sell PVC pipe. Just cut four equal lengths about a foot long and place your table legs inside each piece. Try a one inch diameter so your legs fit somewhat securely. They also sell end caps for the bottom. A Directors chair will put you at eye level with most customers so you don't have to keep getting up and down everytime someone approachhes. You are able to converse more naturally.

Nice display work too I might add.

Ron