1945/4630 Question

I don't even use a themometer with this wax, no matter what temp I pour it at, it's the same, so I haven't really worried about it for a long time.

I like mine to "cure" about a week, but when I do my wick testing I'll burn them the next day after pouring and they throw really well. ;)

Peak suggests to pour between 160-180, I usually pour at about 165-170. I always let mine cure for about 5 days, but like Michi, when testing for wick, I would light it up the next day & have gotten a great throw. The throw is better to me after a few days because of candle nose, and also I like to see how many wet spots will appear.

I pour at 170, heat my jars in the oven on warm before pouring. I usually like to cure at least a week before selling but I test most the day after I pour. I only use 6% also and have a great hot and cold throw.

I aslo pour at around 170 and preheat my jars in a warm oven. I have poured a few in unheated jars and there was no big difference, but ac wasn't running full blast at that time either. Are you all using the z wicks in this wax? In jj.

I have ranted on and on about this wax. I have tried SO HARD with it to get a good throw. I did discover if you heat to 185, ad FO at 180 ( which was higher than I was adding ) and pour from 160-170 you have the best chance at getting a good scent throw----hot or cold. I used FOs from 8 suppliers and finally gave up.

I will say that it is SO easy to work with and the candles are just beautiful...it just didnt want to smell good for me :rolleyes:

I KNOW it is me, because the experienced Chandlers love it.

I use HTP's, zincs and LX's (depending on the container obviously ;) ) with this wax, and have never used more than 6% (1oz.) per pound, I'm with Trish, if I have to use more, than I just don't use that FO anymore, not cost efficient. ;)

I haven't noticed any difference in whether I heat my jars or not.

Michael, sorry you could never get this wax to throw for YOU, I think I've had only ONE FO so far not throw for me with this wax.

Okay, I am now test burning one of the 1945 candles I poured on Monday. The hot throw is just okay. I seem to remember the J50 giving off a much better hot throw though (same jar, same wick and same FO). The cold throw is nowhere near as good as the J50. Also, this thing is smoking like crazy. It is in my kitchen, no drafts anywhere and yet - it is smoking. This has never happened to me with J50 or J300, but I wil finish test burning and see how it goes. I am not sure I like this wax very much right now, but that is just my first impresssion. Once I pour more of it, maybe it will grow on me. If not, back to the drawing board. :P