Aloe Vera Gel Body Parfaits

Tammie

I am wanting to try to make some of these with summer approaching and was wondering what all is needed? I know the clear aloe gel and a thicker lotion. Are there any preservatives needed???? Now I need to find a nice lotion recipe. They look really cool. I checked the recipes section and didn't see much. Thank You.

where can i find aloe vera gel. i see the liquid everywhere. TIA

I bought mine at Walmart. They have it in two places, in the cosmetics section and in with the sun products (this is the cheaper of the two ~ both Fruit of the Earth).

I think it's cheaper to get one of the freeze dried aloe powders and make your own gel.
You have to be extrememly careful b/c you will get the nasty moldies fast if it's not properly preserved.

So, do you all just layer the aloe gel and then a layer of lotion? Guess it has to be thick enough lotion not to sink. What about using Just Scents whipped mouse?

You have to be extrememly careful b/c you will get the nasty moldies fast if it's not properly preserved.

So, do you all just layer the aloe gel and then a layer of lotion? Guess it has to be thick enough lotion not to sink. What about using Just Scents whipped mouse?

Okay then is the aloe gel you're buying preserved? Does it list a preservative on the bottle and people are listing the preservative on their product labels?

Just wondering.

Okay then is the aloe gel you're buying preserved? Does it list a preservative on the bottle and people are listing the preservative on their product labels?

Yes, it is preserved and lists the preservative in the ingredients. You then use what they have listed along with your other lotions ingredients on your label.

Okay so as long as preservative is added to the water I use to make the gel then it is just as good and cheaper. :yay:

I looked into making my own gel, and from what I read it's not just water you add, to make it a gel you need 2 other ingredients (that I can't rememeber:rolleyes2 ).

If you just add water you just get juice. I figured for me it was cheaper and safer to just buy premade gel.

Sami