Boric Acid & decelerating trace

Elizabeth

I recently learned that you can add boric acid (mixed with some water) to your soaps that are in a state of seizure and it will stop the acceleration, even reversing it to make it a workable batch again!! I've not tried this yet myself but thought i'd pass the info along.If anyone has any experience with this, please chime in...

Well actually, the person that spoke of this is a VERY experienced soaper. Been doing it successfully for a little over 10 years.

I'll check with her again on the amounts to use, but i believe she said it was "a couple tbls per pound". Will let ya all know...

All the reading I am doing suggest that Borax and Boric Acid is not the same thing, Borax is a product produced by heating Boric Acid, however, you can buy boric acid online. You might want to check and see if it is borax that she is using, becasue there is a difference between the two.

Elizabeth, I'd be interested to know more about this also. I have some fo's coming and the one I really love siezes my soap. I will use it again just because the fo is so great in CP, but would really like to be able to tame the sieze.