My DEAL to beat ALL deals!

I have been wanting a cargo trailer for a long time. We are taking so much to shows right now that we are having to use two vehicles plus a small flatbed that we borrow from a friend. So I am delivering some candles today to a customer out in the boonies and I see a very nice looking Pace Cargo trailer on someone's property with a for sale sign. I call the number and the guy comes out there to meet me. I look at the trailer and it is almost in perfect condition. It was 18 months old and has a couple of dings but that was it. He opened the side door and I almost fell over. One side of the trailer was floor to roof custom shelves that would be perfect for candle boxes. He even had cargo nets rigged up with bungee cords to keep stuff from falling and shifting. It was a 6x10 white trailer with the side door. I knew these retail for close to $3200 if I am remembering correctly, and I had not seen one that was used for under $2000 So I asked him how much. He said, "Well, we are kind of hurting for money right now, so I need to be firm on my offer." Great, I thought right there I could not afford it. He then said, "How does $1,000 sound?"

:shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2:

I could not get to the bank fast enough!!!!!!!!! He now has $1,000 in his hands and *I* have a trailer! I am STILL floored!!

What an excellent find. It's Karma going around and it was obviously your turn. When we do good turns for others it comes around back to us in excellent finds or whatever. As you can tell I am a strong believer in Karma.

I am happy for you.:yay:

Cheers

We have had one for 4 years and love it.I use it for shows and also when I do fundraisers for a animal group I belong to.I don't see how we did without one for so long.Ours is black and opens from the back and the side.It was $2500 new and I think that was a good deal.You did get a steal for a $1,000.

LynnS

I will, smelly. My dear hubby has taken on the project of making it even better. He is replacing some of the shelves and rearranging them. I finally realized what he was doing, too, when I saw him measure the width of his four wheeler. "Honey, are you thinking of taking my trailer down to the ranch with your four wheeler inside?" His instant sheepish grin gave him away. :P

ROFL! VE you crack me up. SO where are those pictures. (If only I were driving to Texas I could get a trailer ...) Seriously, this gave Rockin more excitement than well (no comment) and we'd like to see what's been done to it.

I will go over and take pictures today (it is at a storage lot since our home owners ASSociation frowned on it being in our driveway for three days). Hubby has taken some of the shelves out and left a few...turns out they would not work with all of our stuff (read: four wheeler would not fit). The remaining shelves will be good for non-candle stuff...I was kind of iffy about putting candles on shelves on the road anyway.

Okay, I went and took pictures for you. I warn you. I put a tracking device on it. If you steal it, I will find you.

I tried to get a pic of the inside but was trying to hold the door open against the wind at the same time. We also dumped my two tents and tables in there already. You can see the shelves along the back wall near the side door and then one left on the side. My hubby took down the ones on the right (they stuck out too far and were not very stable). The metal shelf is in there just b/c we are toying with the idea of bolting it to the wall and covering it with the cargo net/bungee cords. Another is just a shot when it was still at our house right after I got the previous owner's decals off the sides.

post-2536-139458402322_thumb.jpg

post-2536-139458402323_thumb.jpg