DESPERATE! Anyone successfully wicked this....

12 oz Mason Mug, 3" diameter, CB 135, CB PURE, OR EZ SOY...Your choice of wax...I'M AT WICKS END! NO THROW, BOUNCING WICKS, OR DROWNING OUT.

...FLOWER POT VOTIVE WITH SAME WAX CHOICE....SAME PROBLEMS.

I have lots of LXs - just ordered HTPs...

I am truly desperate...please help!!

Thanks,

Fern-Marie

Fern-Marie, I don't use that jar or those waxes, but how much FO are you using? What sizes have you tried already? With the bouncing, could the candle possibly be in a draft? This could be a few different things, more info might be helpful.

I started off with the EZ - but the formula has changed and every wick that used to work no longer works.

The CB Pure....Damn near impossible to wick. All of the info I had is incorrect. I was advised by supplier who spoke to manufacturer that it is extremely difficult to wick...yeah, I know. For the record, started with an LX14 and worked my way up to a 30...either no throw, or flame bounces.

Now how many batches do you suppose I have mixed trying to get something to work?

So....I am off now on another expedition with the more popular CB 135.

...starting all over again. I just do not have the time or the patience anymore. This has been an odyssey. 2 solid months, and into the third.

I am trying LX 14, 16, 18, & 20 in jjs, mason mug, and flower votive.

1.5%FO. Never, never, had this much trouble with any wax, or wicking.

I am in wick-it hell!

I got away from Lemongrass, and am trying Mac Apple...stronger scent, maybe I can smell it better.

No drafts around...separate rooms, no fans, no open anything. Closed everything up to test...nothing, nada.

I am really just so frustrated right now I could scream.

Any info. is appreciated.

Thanks all.

Hey Fernie-girl!

I have a 3" glass container I wick with a CD 16, and I wick my 3 1/2" glass jar with a CD 22, so you may start somewhere in there. Sorry I can't be of more help...

D Bud, do you know if the CD series is comparable by size to the LX?

CD 16 = LX 16, etc.?:tiptoe:

Have you tried a CD 16?

I just wicked CB 135 with Mac Apple 1.5% in the jelly jar - BUT the CD 16 in the 3" wide Mason jar - while cleaning off the sides well enough to pass gives me little to no throw, and the wick bounced all over the place...this one was with the Lemongrass FO at 1.5%. Now, the bouncing wick would indicate that I need to wick down, but the data on the wicks does not indicate that a smaller wick would be sufficient in that sized container.

I just wicked CB 135 with Mac Apple 1.5% in the jelly jar - BUT the CD 16 in the 3" wide Mason jar - while cleaning off the sides well enough to pass gives me little to no throw, and the wick bounced all over the place...this one was with the Lemongrass FO at 1.5%. Now, the bouncing wick would indicate that I need to wick down, but the data on the wicks does not indicate that a smaller wick would be sufficient in that sized container.

Yeah, I can't see a smaller wick cutting it with a 3" with soy - that really stinks. How frustrating.

I don't know how they compare, and google didn't help. I did see that the LX22 is recommended for the same size container as a CD 16, and I do know that it's a commonly recommended wick size on the boards, but I don't have any personal experience with it. I'm sorry I can't help you more.

I have had great success with the cotton wick series using soy. If you don't mind mushrooms now and then, try the cotton wicks. I wick 3" containers all day long, and the following wicks work great. Wick size would depend on fragrances used. I do not use color now, but when I did these same wicks worked.

60-44-18 cotton

62-52-18 cotton

HTP1212

HTP1312

HTP126

Hope this helps!

CD wicks are a lot bigger and hotter than LX. I would compare an LX 16 with a CD 8 (maybe 10.)

Holey Moley...was I off on that...I thought that they were comparable size to size. My friend sent me some CDs to try, I haven't had luck yet...but I am going to keep at it, if for no other reason but to say that I did it..I won!

I have had great success with the cotton wick series using soy. If you don't mind mushrooms now and then, try the cotton wicks. I wick 3" containers all day long, and the following wicks work great. Wick size would depend on fragrances used. I do not use color now, but when I did these same wicks worked.

60-44-18 cotton

62-52-18 cotton

HTP1212

HTP1312

HTP126

Hope this helps!

Those HTPs are much bigger than I would have anticipated using.

I'll try them just as soon as they get here.

Yeah, I can't see a smaller wick cutting it with a 3" with soy - that really stinks. How frustrating.

I don't know how they compare, and google didn't help. I did see that the LX22 is recommended for the same size container as a CD 16, and I do know that it's a commonly recommended wick size on the boards, but I don't have any personal experience with it. I'm sorry I can't help you more.

Ok, so if the CD 16 is comparable to the LX 22...then the CD 16 that I tried and the flame was too bouncy...then wicking down using the LX 18 and I also did one with an LX 20....so hopefully, I'm hot on the trail. I have two jars there then that I can re-pour and wick up, if need-be.

Oh, Lord, pleeeeezzzeee, let me be on the right path. I'm sooo tired!

Those HTPs are much bigger than I would have anticipated using.

I'll try them just as soon as they get here.

Hey Fern:

I use the HTP1212, HTP1312, and HTP126 in my harder to burn fragrances; such as Cinnamon, Patchouli, etc. Most of my 3" jars are wicked with either the 60-44-18 cotton, or the 62-52-18 cotton. HTH