Soft Soap? edited to add pics

MsDammit

I left the soap in the mold for two days, and it's still really soft- umm kinda like playdoh. Also the sides and bottom seemed oily-not bad-but it was a first for me. Is this ok? I know, I tend to be a bit on the panicky side...

soap34nk.pngsoap45pi.png

The first one is the top-don't ask me where the bubbles came from, lol. It seems to be hardening nicely though-phew.

My soap bars with lard have always been hard too unless I have used the full amount of water. Then it takes some time for the bar to harden up (as does any of my soap with full water). But with the addition of the crisco, I was wondering if this could affect it or does crisco also produce a hard bar? I've never used crisco but have used all the other ingredients in my soap.

Did you cover your soaps with a plastic wrap? The "bubbles" look like perhaps the plastic was sweating and then dripped on the soap? That would be my only thought as to what they are.

My lard soaps are always softer than my other recipes, but given the proper cure time firm up to be hard as a brick eventually. I usually always use full water though because of always trying new FO's that I'm not sure of! lol

I don't think it has anything to do with the lard. My guess would be the combination of Crisco and Soybean Oil. While both are nice they are basically the same. I have found that either of them works well, but both together makes a softer bar.

I haven't ever used both in the same recipe, but I think I would opt for no more than 20% total of the 2.