Air Fresheners Question

I sell these things like crazy. I even do Fund Raisers with them. I tell them they will last for 4-6 weeks. Just think about it, normal ones you buy at WalMart dont even last that long.

I use a mixture of COrn Cob and Vermiculite.

Hello and God bless you, Kimberly. Are you using the vermiculite as the dominant filler or an even mix of the two of them?

Also, may I ask who you use for your FO supplier? I deal with Just Scent, Indiana Candle Supplies, Bitter Creek, Natures Garden, KY Candle, Snowtop Candle.

Thank you for any info you can give me. I have the vermiculite and am ready to start on my bags! I was using the expensive and short-life aroma beads.

Again, God bless you!

Candleman perlite will soak up fo. Takes about a week. I have used cinaberry and cherry with no prob. Lasted about 3 months in a car using a organza type bag.

Then the little beads aren't styrofoam? Was afraid to use them cause they might melt with the FO. Thanks ya'll for the help.

Sharon there heated expanded volcanic rock. They are light lol. You can aslo sell them as vacuum cleaner freshners. They vacuum up like a dream.

Works for all vacuums. people will spend 2 to 3 bucks for a tablespoon full.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
Sharon there heated expanded volcanic rock. They are light lol. You can aslo sell them as vacuum cleaner freshners. They vacuum up like a dream.

Works for all vacuums. people will spend 2 to 3 bucks for a tablespoon full.

Kayle, have made some but haven't had much time to test. I really think these rocks need to soak longer even though they soak up the oil right away. Just so every bit of scent is in the fibers of the rocks. Plus I really like the looks of the white rock. Thanks for info. I also like the Perlite because it won't go bad, cause I keep things a long time.

After re reading the intire post I see what a re--tard I am for asking the same question and getting an answer. Just never went back over the whole post again to find the answer. Sorry fokes...

I looked locally for the "Vermiculite" but could not find it. And after reading the post I want to make sure I get the larger size when I do.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all- not a freshener expert but I have way too many cats so I thought I'd answer a question about if the litter would kill the FO. I BELEIVE what the litter manufacturers are refering to in regards to that is amonia. It NEUTRALIZES AMONIA and locks odor into the product. I do not know if there is Amonia in most FO's. I'm guessing some might. But I don't know if 'everything' is suseptable to it's neutralizing effects. :confused: Also, I know this may sound obvious but ya never know:D - thought I'd toss out there to remember to make sure you don't buy the already scented. Hee.

This is just a guess ofcourse, but since litter was made specifically for cats- they are talking about neutralizing amonia. The 'locking it in' part could be a good or a bad thing, lol??? It seems there are quite a few still gathering results as we type so I will let them have the final word as to if it kills FO or not.

Hawaiian- I seen you make ornies... I'm guessing that means you are pretty impressed with their throw and lasting qualities?? I was thinking about making these since those trees are so ugly, lol.

Has anybody tried this? Same Stuff

fixative200.jpgbevfabriccrafts_1913_77268624

Potpourri Fixative - 1 Pound Natural botanical is used with our fragrances in scenting potpourri. It retains scent well.

edited to add more info:Potpourri Fixative This natural botanical is used with our fragrances in scenting potpourri. It retains scent as long as orris root, yet will not sour. Add your fragrance to this fixative and then add to your potpourri. Use 1 oz of fragrance per 2 to 4 ounces fixative.

1 lb. $3.50

5 lbs. $15.00

fixative300.jpgOur potpourri fixative can be used in crafts where scent is desired without the appearance such as trivets, pillows and sachets. Just add any fragrance to our potpourri fixative. It's lightweight and doesn't breakdown. Use 1 ounce of fragrance to two to six ounces of fixative, depending on how strong you want the fragrance or what your application is.

• 2 months later...