Air Fresheners Question

I sell a ton of the air fresheners...even have groups that do fundraisers with them because they last so long. First thing...Ya have to have a STRONG FO!....I use a mixture if Corn cob and Vermiculite. The vermiculite is way to light to be used alone IMO. Good luck hope things work out for ya.

I sell a ton of the air fresheners...even have groups that do fundraisers with them because they last so long. First thing...Ya have to have a STRONG FO!....I use a mixture if Corn cob and Vermiculite. The vermiculite is way to light to be used alone IMO. Good luck hope things work out for ya.

That is so true, use your strongest fo and stay away from food ones, they yuck in corncob lol

vermicullite..you can get it at any nursery that sells poting soil for indoor plants...mix it in with the crushed cob...it's what you find in most mass produced sachets.

and it's what looks kinda like -cork or little spongey acordian lookin thingeys-,lol! nice descriptive huh? lol...

kitty litter is designed to absorb odor and lock it in....don't want that....try the blend with vermicullite...it's inexpensive, plus if you don't like it, you can always mix it in with your planting soil...

Vermiculite is mica that is heated and expanded. Perlite is volcanic rock that is heated and expanded. Vermiculite is brown and looks like cork. Perlite is white and looks styrofoam.

I am testing both. The kitty litter i think that was mentioned. Is the new fresh step not clay. I have purchased some fresh step. This comes in granular and pellet form. I have the granular. I also purchased some rock salt.

What I am going to do is a scientific study. I am going to weigh out equal amounts of all of the above. To include corn cob also. Then mix equal amount of the same fo and see waht absorbs the best and throws the best.

I will post results soon.

Kyle.

Vermiculite is mica that is heated and expanded. Perlite is volcanic rock that is heated and expanded. Vermiculite is brown and looks like cork. Perlite is white and looks styrofoam.

I am testing both. The kitty litter i think that was mentioned. Is the new fresh step not clay. I have purchased some fresh step. This comes in granular and pellet form. I have the granular. I also purchased some rock salt.

What I am going to do is a scientific study. I am going to weigh out equal amounts of all of the above. To include corn cob also. Then mix equal amount of the same fo and see waht absorbs the best and throws the best.

I will post results soon.

Kyle.

ok but the main thing is what lasts the longest, it can be strong for a day or two but with the freshners you want what's going to last the longest

The stuff I have seen in the store bought ones has some kind of silvery tan foam type, I thinking it is a floriest thing. Like what they mix with soil. Not the ones that absorbe water but something that has no weight hardly at all. Help me here I know what I'm talking about but does anyone else?????

Well this morning i make 3 jars of this mix, 1 jar with rock salt, 1 with corn cob and 1 with sea salt. following instructions on bittercreek. the corn cob mix, you can't see fo, but the salts are soaking wet, i can't see how they will dry up. will know what happens soon i guess LOL!

Well this morning i make 3 jars of this mix, 1 jar with rock salt, 1 with corn cob and 1 with sea salt. following instructions on bittercreek. the corn cob mix, you can't see fo, but the salts are soaking wet, i can't see how they will dry up. will know what happens soon i guess LOL!

First the salts won't dry anytime soon lol I have some sitting for 10 days, maybe cause i added dye :shocked2:

They hold the scents great though. I've used 1/2 as much in the salts as in aroma beads or corn cobs. Good luck let me know how it turns out.

Sun if it don't look like its going to dry up a little in a few days i will add more salt, wonder if the salts could be laid out on a cookie sheet to finish drying after they have soaked the fo good ? or would all the fo leave even if it was just for a day on cookie sheet:rolleyes2 sure be nice for someone that has make them with the salt post;) . in my house when the humity is high my salt sweats and clumps up in my shaker and box, and never get dry LOL!

trying the rock salt, it has been in the jar for over 2 weeks, been shaking, shaking and more shaking and it's still wet. Gonna add more salt and see what happens. don't think it will ever absorb all the fo.

lol I hear ya Lola, I keep adding salt and it still stays wet finally i added some aroma beads and corn cob. LMAO , made a nice stew :drool: but it finally absorved lol. Scent blue berry muffin, very strong. Had a muslim bag in the bathroom in my office over the weekend and wow the whole place smells great.

The beads and corn cob helped to absorve the fo.

latch, i got my rock salt at the supermarket and my corn cob at super walmart. ok got my rock salt and poured it out on cookie sheet... my front porch smells wonderful, heck the hold outside, question for you pdevine is, am i;m going have any smell left in there when that salt dry:rolleyes2 i'm seeing a lot of fo on cookie sheet too, and i know i'm not going get that all back in container.

:yay: Hey where everyone go ? hows everyone sachets going. i'm still trying to dry the salt. corn cob ones is soaked up, but i don't think the smell is as strong as the salt. i used northern star in both, the one i have on porch ( the salt) i can smell strong. but its not dry.

on mine the rock salt never did really dry.i just put it in the bag wet.i left it in the jar for five days added more salt never seemed to soak it up much.the corn cob did get dry. but the salt has alot more smell.i think i am going to stay with the salt.i will wait and see how long it smells good.