Show Results-PICS added first page

elle110

Well, as some of you know, I got 2 booths at a regular show that I do every May and September, it is actually an outdoor show. We got both booths bcz a location I have always wanted to be in became available but we wanted to make sure we wanted to make the move and risk our customers not finding us. Well they did find us, the weekend was AWESOME, it was worth getting 2 booths but won't do it again, a lot of work and I think the new booth would have done just as much without the other booth, they would have found us, in fact a lot of my regulars got to the new booth b4 getting to the old booth. A lot of people would go by and say, Oh, this is the same booth as up there" so I know we would have still gotten the sales.

Sales were very high, the booth fee was $275 per booth, we did 8x booth fees.

The biggest surprises for me were how many Shea butter we sold, in fact, we ran out. I am also always surprised at how many people buy bath salts, we sold about 200 LBS. I expect it more in the cooler months. Almost all of my bath bombs sold, about 250, the hinged muffin containers that I got for packaging them really boosted sales, they just could not resist filling up the entire thing. And finally, Patchouli continues to be one of my best-sellers in everything, and I just keep getting repeat business from those patch users, and they say it is the best they have ever used

I got so many emails on monday from customers who used their soaps etc and wanted to let me know how much they were in love with them.

There were not many disappoitnments from the weekend, the weather was perfect. they only thing is I lost my voice by Monday morning and I was so tired I felt like I had sand in my eyex.

And two other bonuses, Guppygirl came down and helped out for awhile and I got to meet Georgia from Candletech.

Great weekend and the hard work is paying off!

Michelle

First pic is the entire booth, hard to see bcz it is so busy behind it, there is a picket fence and food booth behind us. Also, it was kind of breezy so our table covers had a hard time cooperating, all sides come down but kept blowing under the tables

[ATTACH]6489[/ATTACH]

2nd one the bath bombs

[ATTACH]6485[/ATTACH]

3rd one, lotion bars, taken while still stocking

[ATTACH]6486[/ATTACH]

4th, tarts, loofah scrub bars and spray and shea butters on the display. I was disappointed that I could not get any more tubs that my soaps are displayed in for the loofahs and tarts, the company is no longer carrying

[ATTACH]6487[/ATTACH]

5th, buckets of bath salts, there are signs with fragrances and scoops in each one, we make sure they are mounded on top for eye candy, looks like one was not fully loaded yet

[ATTACH]6488[/ATTACH]

I could not get anymore pics on here, I put a pic of the soaps on 2nd page

Note: I am still trying to add more height to the display, like the bombs being higher up, not eye level but more at least stomach level, hope that made sense

Thanks

post-163-139458401462_thumb.jpg

post-163-139458401464_thumb.jpg

post-163-139458401465_thumb.jpg

post-163-139458401466_thumb.jpg

post-163-139458401467_thumb.jpg

Hey Michelle, I'm so glad to hear the show went this well for you! :yay:

Almost all of my bath bombs sold, about 250, the hinged muffin containers that I got for packaging them really boosted sales, they just could not resist filling up the entire thing

Very smart sales maneuver there! The empty spaces just had to be filled, otherwise the bombs looked lonely with their buddies missing! :highfive:

The psychology of buying/selling has always intrigued me. What won't sell packaged one way will fly off the shelves if presented differently. Do you think your sales would have been as great if you had pre-packed the bombs together, yourself? Or if the containers had two fewer spaces? I just have to wonder about these things. :)

Hey Michelle, I'm so glad to hear the show went this well for you! :yay:

Very smart sales maneuver there! The empty spaces just had to be filled, otherwise the bombs looked lonely with their buddies missing! :highfive:

The psychology of buying/selling has always intrigued me. What won't sell packaged one way will fly off the shelves if presented differently. Do you think your sales would have been as great if you had pre-packed the bombs together, yourself? Or if the containers had two fewer spaces? I just have to wonder about these things. :)

Oh, I agree with you about marketing being intriguing. I used to pre-bag salts and display them that way, sold about 10 bags, for the last 3 years they have been displayed in the big tubs so people can see, smell and touch them. The bombs the same way, although we do stick some in the back pre-packaged in case we get to busy to package on the spot. Same with the soap, I have been at several show where people had some very nice soap, trimmed nice and packaged and they hardly sold anything, I never cover my soaps up with packaging, we wrap them as they are purchased, although looking into an alternative to what we are doing bcz of the time it takes to wrap each soap, but people love to see them naked, mine will never get dressed LOL

My containers had 4 spaces, I originally planned on gettin 6 spaces but bcz of the venue went with 4 and it was perfect. I know if we would have pre-packaged them they would have been coming home with us.

It is also fascinating on how your booth is set-up as to how thye buy, if they have to come in they back off but if you set up in horseshoe style and they can walk around they swarm to you.

I will add pics of the booth in a few minutes

Okay, so you did 8x your TWO booth fees! WHOLY Crapola! That's wonderful...well actually 8x one booth fee would be awesome too! How many people make it through this festival?

Congratulations on your HUGE success. You've been stocking for quite some time. Can't wait to see your set up!

Guest EMercier

WOW! I love your pictures. I also like the idea with the bath salts. Would've never thought that. I should try that. I have to see. I live in the city and people want stuff now and quick.

Great pictures Michelle. :cheesy2:

I love how you have things displayed- it looks awesome. Great news on the F~A~N~T~A~S~T~I~C sales. That was a good take for a show. But what people sometimes do not consider is the huge amount of time and supplies it takes to pull off a show of this magnitude. It consists of much planning and production beforehand. I think you did marvelous! (also considering you have little ones running around.. you go girl!)

You know what's sad? I would spend about $500.00 at your booth even though I can make bath salts and bombs myself! Everything in your booth looks so clean and inviting. I especially like the bath bombs and they way they are marketed. I'm not surprised you had such a great weekend; you really deserve it!:cheesy2:

Yay for you! Your booth looks awesome! I just recently started doing double booths and was worried about recouping the cost. It has more than paid off. The extra $ is awesome, but having more room to move around is an extra added plus!

I attach washers on the hems of my table cloths to help keep them down. :)