Does anyone else feel that zinc wicks have a slight "performance edge" over others?

I use paraffin (4786 and 1284). I hate the dreaded 'Shroom, but every time I test other wicks, I head back for the zincs. They just seem to have a consistently better melt pool (ergo, better scent throw), and they just seem to burn more consistnetly. Anybody else have thoughts on this?

I agree with you on this. I have tried LX, CD, cotton, HTP and probably others and I always stick with the zinc. I use parraffin also. I am currently testing the 700 series in my parrafin. I thought the 600 series was for parrafin, but I was given the 700 premier series. Anyway, I have been testing in 3" pillars, 4" apothecaries and 8 oz square masons. I am currently testing buring the 4" and 8 ounce. I was very please with how the 765 premier did in my 1343 pillars, 3". I had two pillars burning side by side during the test phase, one 24 ply and one 765 and I think the 765 out performed the 24 ply. Anyway, premier wicks seem to working well right now in the containers, but it is too early to tell for sure. Lots of testing still to do!

I personally hated the zinc wicks, mushrooms terrible and smoked too much for me. I started out with them years ago and immediately got rid of them and went on to testing others. Went from hemp to LX now and have been using them for almost 3 years and my customers love them!! :cool2:

No, I don't much care for the zinc wicks myself. I hate the mushrooming and the zinc wire that is exposed while it burns...it's just very unattractive to me. I prefer LX, CD's or HTP's and RRD's to zinc.

Back when there was so much controversary about lead & wicks, people kinda freaked out about any metal in wicks, so I totally quit using them. I've never looked back! I use lx, cd, eco, flat & square braids now. I have had no real problems with any of them, in soy or parafin.

Pam R