New Source For Mylar

SueH

I searched all through my local Joanne Fabrics for mylar to line molds with and couldn't find any. I was at Walmart yesterday and spotted it there. I got the extra thick Mylar. Just thought I'd share in case anyone else had trouble finding it.

• 3 weeks later...

Yup, both my log molds are lined with this. I also use it in the bottom of my kelsei molds.

If you're looking at JoAnn's look at each piece of mylar. At mine the no-melt is usually mixed in with all the others and you'll not be able to tell them apart except for the label

My Walmart looks at me like I'm stupid....they have no idea what mylar is.

Mine, too, Lindsay. They haven't a clue; I was looking in the craft section near the quilting templates, and asked the woman working there. I have a HL about 35 miles from me; guess I'll drive down there one day next week when I'm off from work. I love that store anyway, so this gives me a good excuse:cheesy2:

I just ordered some from Joanne's online. I would probably waste that much gas looking it anyway. I ordered 2 sets and shipping was only $5.95...just a thought for those who can't find it locally.