How long do you let your candle cure

I'm one of those that don't cure my candles to test. If it doesn't give me a good throw after 24 to 48 hours, it's gone. I don't have time to let candles sit around for a week or two to see what it is gonna do. There are plenty of FO's out there that don't need long cures and if it throws good at 2 days, it will only get better at 2 weeks!! :wink2:

I think a lot of what people think of as curing is simply a coat of FO that migrates to the surface of the wax. They take off that lid and it hits them in the face. Wax, IMHO, does need about a day to do whatever it does to burn right however so I wouldn't test burn a candle the same day you pour it to test the wicking. (You can see this for yourself with mottling wax. It'll set up hard and have some mottling, but it'll take about a day to get the whole effect.)

JMO.

My cure time depends on the FO. I won't use an FO with a particularily long cure unless its a fragrance that I absolutely love. I just try to keep these FOs poured and ready for any orders I might get. If testing for burn though, I burn in a day or two.