Cement Pillar....

Wow, they are kind of pretty, but I wonder why someone decided to make them. I actually really like the look. I bet they would be so heavy. I could just imagine what a mess it would be to make those in my kitchen...LOL

Those look very pretty. Saves having to find a candle holder, unless you make the tilted version, then I'd worry about them slipping off lol. Glad to see you posting. How's it going?

I'm wondering what type of mold release did they use?
Cement won't stick to diesel, and it will pull away from wood also. You can use wooden forms on cement. THat looks really cool to me, I wouldn't want to ship it though, but, once you made one, I would think that you could reuse it forever.

I actually really like those. What site did they comr from. I want to check them out. That give me some inspiration. Cement isnt that expensive, ite more messy than wax I bet.

You also would have be very careful about cement poisoning. You can't play around in that stuff, wear good gloves, don't get it all over you and then leave it there.

I dont think they would be any messier than a sand candle...

Pour the pillar as normal, but a little less so you would have room in the mold...

when the pillar is cool put the sand loosely on top (which would actually be the bottom) and then pour 250 degree wax over it to hold the sand together like a sand candle...sounds like a great experiment!

You probably dont even have to make the concrete the normal way...

dang it, Now i'm going to have to try this!

I bet that would work with coarse gravel too!

What if you used a hurricane insert or a pvc as the mold..... I'm thinking out loud here... BUT

Could you.... thread a few wicks through the bottom of a disposable turkey roasting pan, pour down cement, thread wick through insert, lay insert into pan & let cement set up. Then tie wick to top of insert, pour in wax...let set...

VIOLA??

I dont think they would be any messier than a sand candle...

Pour the pillar as normal, but a little less so you would have room in the mold...

when the pillar is cool put the sand loosely on top (which would actually be the bottom) and then pour 250 degree wax over it to hold the sand together like a sand candle...sounds like a great experiment!

You probably dont even have to make the concrete the normal way...

dang it, Now i'm going to have to try this!

I bet that would work with coarse gravel too!

I like this idea very much.

I would like to try, but when the pillar is cool there is space between it and the sides of the mold, so sand and wax will run down... or not?

TIA