I need 1500lbs. of J223

Does anyone know of a reputable wholesaler in the south? I am in North FL.

I recommend you call CandleScience 1-888-266-3916 and ask for Mike. It's a family business candlemaking supplier (exceptionally well run operation) and the head of the family is a 30 year IGI veteran who designed some of their popular blends. He's now an industry consultant and well connected. Location is Durham, NC.

IGI bought Honeywell Industrial Wax (which includes Astorlite) and CandleScience carries both IGI and Astorlite branded products. They are good people so if they can work that purchase for you I think it would be nice. An additional benefit is the relationship with such a knowledgeable and helpful supplier. They will be ready and willing to assist with things beyond the purchase, with exceptional expertise.

Mike, you might want to take note of this too.

Sallykate, Highflier recommended Alabaster to you and I just wanted to second that recommendation and also to give you a little more info (if you don't already use them). I'm sure you'll see this when you check their website, but they have a VERY good price on wax with a 5-pound fragrance purchase. I started purchasing FOs from them just to get the wax price, but they've quickly become my main supplier--like everyone, some of their FOs are not as good, but some are great!

And shipping shouldn't be too bad since you're relatively close.

Congratulations on whatever it is that causes you to need 1500 pounds of wax!!!

Jane

If your talking wholesale as in Astor ect, to order direct Im thinking you would have to buy much more than that for them to even mess with you. I just had 2200# of wax delivered by truck and it was not from the manufacturing company. Just call around and find the best price for the wax and shipping from the companies that sell candle making supplies. I really dont think they make a huge markup on wax, its the other products that they make their money on.

Bruce

I guess I'm slightly confused...if you're already using J223, where do you already buy it from and why wouldn't you just contact them for their pallet pricing? That doesn't make sense to me?

I have two suppliers that I use but they are not in the south. I have not had to buy that much bulk at once so I have not pushed to find a closer vendor. Shipping will be much cheaper on that kind of volume if I can purchase closer to my state.

Is there something else you were trying to say?

I just wanna know why you need 1550 lbs. of wax, come on girl spills the beans please. :D

Sure Michi...I'll spill... I have about 2000 candles to make for a fundraiser!:shocked2: I know. that's alot huh?! I have done about 200 at a time so this is a MUCH bigger undertaking. But I will have plenty of time to finish it. My client is fine with me taking about 7 weeks to fill the orders.

I recommend you call CandleScience 1-888-266-3916 and ask for Mike. It's a family business candlemaking supplier (exceptionally well run operation) and the head of the family is a 30 year IGI veteran who designed some of their popular blends. He's now an industry consultant and well connected. Location is Durham, NC.

IGI bought Honeywell Industrial Wax (which includes Astorlite) and CandleScience carries both IGI and Astorlite branded products. They are good people so if they can work that purchase for you I think it would be nice. An additional benefit is the relationship with such a knowledgeable and helpful supplier. They will be ready and willing to assist with things beyond the purchase, with exceptional expertise.

Mike, you might want to take note of this too.

Hey Top,

I gave Mike a call and I was impressed immediately! They are going to give me an unbelievable deal on the wax AND the shipping! Thank-you so much for your recommendation...I think I have found a permanent supplier if delivery goes well!

Hey Top,

I gave Mike a call and I was impressed immediately! They are going to give me an unbelievable deal on the wax AND the shipping! Thank-you so much for your recommendation...I think I have found a permanent supplier if delivery goes well!

I'm happy to hear about the start of what will hopefully be a good relationship. I have confidence that it will be. There are other suppliers I consider good, but if I were in your situation they would be my first phone call for sure. Good luck with everything.

Really glad that you called Mike and I don't think you have anything to worry about. They are an excellent business and that I would recommend them over and over again.

SO glad to know that! I will need 1343 as well and I see that they carry it as well. I sure hope they add more FO's to their list soon. Would be nice to one stop shop! lol

CS is one of the very few places I order from - and my orders are dwarfed by all of yours, but they treat you good, have decent prices, and ship promptly. The other thing is items arrive clean and are packed neatly. (Thats a peeve of mine with suppliers). :)