Forever Candles

ladysj

my next project is to try these gel candles (everlasting). i'm just not certain on the way to go about it quite yet... do you fill the "votive/t-lite" holder up with gel as well or?? Vicky...do you have proper "work instructions for dummies"?

thanks! your candles are amazing!

my next project is to try these gel candles (everlasting). i'm just not certain on the way to go about it quite yet... do you fill the "votive/t-lite" holder up with gel as well or?? Vicky...do you have proper "work instructions for dummies"?

thanks! your candles are amazing!

I would like to have one of those too!!

Tell you what let me get through this show this weekend. I will see if I can get some intruction made up with pictures as I need to resupply my stock any way.

As far as filling the votive or tealight holder that all depends on if I making to fill and order or not. If it is to fill an order yes that way I can give them the scent they want. If it is going on my shelf then no that way the customer can pick thier own scent when sold.

• 5 weeks later...

ladysj,

when i am placing an insert candle ( like an oyster cup, for example) in a container where it sits on the bottom of the glass and the top of the insert is even with the top of the outer glass, i pour a thin layer of gel and when it is almost set, i put the insert in and wait for the gel to set, and trhen i pour the rest of the gel into the outer container ( see the heart shaped forever candles in "home decor).

when i use an outer container that is much taller than the insert, i pour in thin layers and let them set until i am about to the level where i want the insert to be. i pour that thin layer and wait until it is almost set up and then put in the insert (partly set gel makes sure the insert is anchored). then i pour thin layers until the candle is complete.

hth,

cheryl

Thank you Cheryl yes that helps so much.

Oooooops I just looked at them and the really tall ones you just poured the gel up to about where you wanted it to be at the top and then just inserted the holders then. Is this right? When you put in the holders does it make the level of the wax rise like it would water?

when i pour the tall ones, i want the top of the insert glass to be even with the top of the outside glass. so i measure by eyeing it, where the bottom of the insert glass would have to be in order for the top to be even with the top of the outside glass. i do my pouring until i get to where the bottom of the insert glass would need to be. i let the gel set up as mentioned in the above post, put in the insert glass, and let it set up. THEN, i pour my layers until the gel reaches its uppermost level.

i hope i have my directions clearer for you.

cheryl