Display Dilemmas(now searching for prim sign)

I am getting ready for my 4th of July show. Last year when I was doing shows, I was pout of table space. I have 3 tables and a 10x10 easy up style tent. I don't think I could have added another table even if I had one.

I need to display clamshell melts, soaps and votive candles, (plus the 4 displays of regular 8ounce candle jars, but I have that part taken care of) but I need something that won't break the bank and something that either saves space, or gets these things off the table (something freestanding)

Any ideas?

thanks for the pic! Do you guys know where I can get something like that?

Where do you guys get inspiration for booth decor. There are like a 4-5 candlemakers (soy even!) in my small town of 1500 people.

I need something to make me look better than the rest

aww,.. no biggie. My next show in the 4th of July.

I did run across these cute baskets/shelves though. I ordered 2 of them. I figure they would work great for soaps, potpourri, etc etc..

I'm not sure what the deal is.. they never asked for CC info, just said the order was submitted. Maybe they bill you like LTD?

Anyone ever done business with this company before?

Heather, do you have some "ground" space? Here is an idea for your melts, it can also be modified to fit on a table top....get some peg board, you can do it with one piece for table top with two pieces you can do one standing and probably one small table top. Cut the pegboards in half and attach three of the pieces into a triangle using tie wraps in the holes nearest the sides to hold them together. This creates a free standing unit that people can acess from two sides and you can use the back side to hold extra stock. It is easily set up and taken down (just snip the tie wraps) and is relatively inexpensive. If that takes up too much room for you, then you can cut the pegboard to a usable table size and using a piece of 2 x 4 cut to size screw the pegboard into the bottom of the 2 x 4 and then use another piece from the top of the pegboard down to the table. The home depot and Lowe's will cut these things to the size for you. HTH and isn't too confusing.

Remember too, that if you run out of table space you can always go up with your display. That's what I did. I even have a freestanding rack specifically for my votives - it holds around 70 of my scents. Remember you aren't limited to your tables only.

Your best friend in a small booth is height.

We actually covered some USPS priority boxes (yes lol) with colorful material and made our own displays. They were colorful, cute and stable. You can really get creative with blocks and attract alot of people with colors and patterns.

We've also found that if you make it more of an alcove type of booth (where people can come in), it is more inviting to them as opposed to the table right in the front and you in their face method.

I actually bought two of them off of ebay. One to hold my clamshells and the other is a table top greeting card spinner that was the perfect size for my aroma bead sachet envelopes. I got them each for a GREAT price, too. The only thing is that the clam shell one is plastic and if it is windy, it has been know to flop over if I am doing an outdoor show. Anyway, go on ebay, go to the "Business Industrial" section and do a search for the words "spinner" and you might be able to find something. Alos try "hook rack". I am sure there are other words that might come up, but that is off the top of my head. :)

I just looked on ebay and there is actually a catagory for this:

Listed in category: Business & Industrial > Food Service & Retail > Retail Supplies > Retail Racks > Spinners & Carousels

You could just brouse the entire catagory and probably find something. :)

wow, thanks for all the tips :-)

I was thinking of "going up" but hadn't thought of a good way to do that. Fidning stuff that is country looking AND portable can be tough sometimes :-)

I was thinking of having a cute prim sign made that I can attatch to the canopy frame and let it hang down just a tad. All the prim signs I have seen on the net are all pre-made though. I'll have to keep looking :-)