Milkshake Candle

Hi all! Anyone ever make a milkshake candle? I've made a few and my friends love em. Just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas of their own. Would it be safe to put a straw in them? They look really cute! Dee :yay:

Thanks, I thought so. I usually didn't put straws in, when I did I cut it and only put it in the very top so it didn't go all the way through the candle, but I won't do that again!

I make milkshake candles & put straws in them. I use a skinny straw & cut it in half, but I print a 'remove straw before lighting' tag that fits over the straws. Never had a problem with them.

Pam R

I also put straws in the very top, but put a label on the candle packaging to remove before burning. I have also used glass stirrers in them, and there are embeds (for other types of drink candles) that you can use. The milkshake candles are a great seller... what scents of fo's do you use in yours?

Charity

I make a little cherry for the top on the milkshakes I have done, really easy just pull a tiny bit of the wax I whip for the whip cream out and dye it red...then roll it into shape and add a stem. looks cute. I drop a dab of whilpped cream onto the top of the shake and then add the cherry on top of that...I don't cut the wick, bend it off to the side and slide about 1/3 of a straw over it. that way people HAVE to remove the straw before lighting. I haven't sold any of these yet, but people do think they are cute. I've done them in some berry scents...like smoothies etc.

Had a few moments to kill...

Picture34.jpg

I cut a 7-11 red plastic straw (ICEE straw) into three random length pieces. The longest being four inches. Melted some scrap wax. Carefully filled the straws with molten wax. Cut open the plastic straws with an Exacto knife. Waited too long to whip wax... so it became a nice crumbly smashed tater consistency, but still useful for sticking wax straws into. Dumped crumblies into votive holder with a wick (gotta see how this mess burns!). Jammed wax straws into soft crumblies. Pic.

The removal would probably be a little easier with a wax that shrinks more, like votive wax. Metal tube might be easier to work with as well. Can't see in the pic, but the wax straws have nice shiny surfaces.

Very good ideas, I like the one putting the wick thru the straw. I make mine in banana and make a banana slice from the wax and dab a few dots of brown dye on it. I have also done strawberry and blueberry (didn't like the blueberry to much) the banana was the nicest looking one. I'm going to try the bending the wick over the into the straw, I like that idea! :highfive:

• 18 years later...

I'm looking to make milkshake candles but not quite sure what glass to use if I'm using soy wax with melt point of 120-125. Any help would be appreciated.