Is This Normal for a Newbe

I was wondering if this is normal :

I finally got my supplies yesterday :yay: . I have waited a week for them to arrive. Unfortionatly I had company yesterday and couldnt even think of starting my candles. So here it is 4:30 am and all I want to do is make my first batch. I will be using IGI 4794 and my fragrance oil from Rusticescentuals. I also will be using votive molds with wick pins. Any last minute advise from any one ? I will post after I am done. I have done nothing all week but read the message boards here and I think I got some wonderful information . Was wondering about the cure time before I do the test burn. Is it about 5 days? How do you wait ?

Well thanks for all the information and wish me luck.

Terri

I was that way. I worked all day the day my supplies arrived and stayed up all night experimenting.

I usually let my votives sit for about three days before I test burn them. It's a struggle just to wait that long. I get so geeked. :P

Absolutely normal EXCEPT that you didn't immediately shoo your company away and take the phone off the hook and close and lock all your doors - what patience you've shown. LOL. Good luck with your votives - have lots of fun. As far as I'm aware you don't need any cure time for paraffin (if that's what IGI 4794 is).

You don't need to wait 5 days to test burn. I wait about 24-48 hours to test wicks and scents. If a scent isn't a good thrower, I won't use it....I don't have time to let any candles sit a week before selling them. If it's a good thrower after 24-48 hours, then it will only get better the longer it sits!! Have fun and good luck!! :cool2:

You have the patience of Job! I remember the first day I received my supplies. It's a good thing I didn't have company ... I may have had to move them to a Holiday Inn so I could get started!!

Ok it has been 4 hours since I got up and couldnt wait any longer. All I can say is that I smell like a " Monkey Fart":drool: thanks for the warning that my skin and clothes would smell. Good thing I like the smell LOL. I did wear a resporator just incase because I have asthma. But heck I do have a rescue inhaler if ever needed. I will have to see how they set up in the next few hours. I poured them outside but they are cooling inside( we will be about 95 today) Gotta love the desert!! Thanks for all your incouragement.

Terri

LOL :) I've woken up in the middle of the night thinking about a certain wax I might want to try or something like that :) I remember waiting oh-so-patiently (note the sarcasm) for my in-laws to leave so I could pour!!

And the beauty of the desert..at least with my tart molds...I never have to heat them, it's always so dang hot here, LOL. Good luck and let us know how they turn out!