First Pics - Dipped flowers and bear

So far none of my candles have come out to well. I am still experimenting and impatiently waiting for more supplies to arrive so I decided to play with dipping things in wax. This is soo much fun! Everything is scented Sex on the Beach since that's all I had on hand.

[attach]6258[/attach]

[attach]6259[/attach]

Thanks for looking,

Kristy

post-3275-139458400375_thumb.jpg

post-3275-139458400378_thumb.jpg

Very nice. I bought roses, vase and the water like fluid but haven't done it yet. Always a little scarey trying something new. I did try the bears but the fur didn't pick out real good. You did a very nice job on that bear. And the flowers.

Thanks everyone. I had thought about giving the roses for a Mother's Day gift but didn't want to give my MIL Sex on the Beach and I don't have any rose fo. I have more fo's arriving tommorow that I hope to play with if I can get another thermometer. :smiley2: I just wish that I knew more about arranging flowers.

Beautiful! I dipped some hyacinths in early spring but after about two weeks they began to turn brown underneath. I'm not sure if they weren't dried well or what. It was just something I did because I had picked too many. So, what is the proper way to prepare the flowers for dipping? I have to say they were gorgeous while they lasted..lol

I always use silk flowers...I heat my wax to about 170 F and bend back the leaves so they dont get dipped and just dip the flower until saturated with wax, bring it up out of the wax swirl it around against the pouring pot a few times to release the extra wax and cool them upside down on a clothes line held up with clothing pins...

I did some meadow lilies the other day and they turned out pretty...I forgot to take a picture before I sent them on their way though...I really have to quit doing that....my website will never get done...LOL

So you dip only the flower, not leaves and uh I don't know the word the green part where petals are attached.. sorry!!

Yes, you cannot help but dip the green part that holds the flower together, it never looks bad so that is not an issue for me...

It ok I dont know the word for it either ;)

These were silk flowers. The first one I did, I had a bit of trouble with because I dipped it too many times and it became too heavy. In an effort to fix my boo boo I discovered the easy method.

I'm using a big pyrex measuring cup to dip my flowers in so the cup is not very deep. I take off the stem and little green piece and clip a clothespin on so I have something to hang on to. Then I dip the flower, shake off excess wax, and stand up the clothespin on wax paper to catch the drips. When they are dry I just put them back together. I hope this makes since. I'm doing more today so if anyone wants, I can take pics of the process and post later.

If you do get too much wax on them, I found that you can just toss the flower back in the pot until all of the wax melts off.

I hope my colors and fo come today so I can play with adding color!

I always use silk flowers..

Um well that might just be why they don't turn brown!..LOL..LOL well I suppose the real ones would work for temporary display or design of some sort...thanks for sharing those lovely pics:wink2: