First CP attempt

soap7ol.png

Ok this is my first pic post as well as my first cp soap--aghh my brain, my brain!! Anyways it's kinda rough-I still have no idea how u cut it and make it all pretty, plus I didn't want to cut off the top to make it straight cuz as you can see that's the only part that got a lil' swirl. It never did gel, and I did the zap thing and didn't get zapped (yup sure tastes like soap-ack). Hopefully practice makes perfect, cuz I gotta loong ways to go, lol.

LOL, I remember my first batch (and so does Tanya ;) ). It's kinda stressful in the beginning but it does get better. For smoother tops, try to pour at a little thinner trace and you might try sliding the mold back in forth a little. That helps keep the tops smooth or it has for me. Love your blue!!!

It looks great, congrats, as you make more batches, you will get better at pouring at lighter trace and all that fun stuff. I took me a few batches to notice the stages before they actually started. Nice Job.

I don't see a thing wrong with it girl!! Seriously, who cares if the swirl didn't go all the way through, only YOU will know it was supposed to. ;)

I like it, and heck you made SOAP!! You should be very proud of it!! :thumbsup:

Great looking soap. Some people prefer the rough lookin' tops so don't be afraid to leave them just the way they are. You may want to just trim up

the sides a little ( a potato peeler works great) , it helps the soap glide through your hands a little better,

IMO.

To gel or not to gel that is also a matter of preference, I have done it both ways and have found no difference in the soap. I choose to not gel. I made a batch of Chai Tea yesterday and had to keep it cool as it was heating up on me.

As for tools, the dollar store is an excellent place to purchase bowls for mixing, spatulas, and little containers for mixing colors and such. I use the plastic tops off the bigger laundry soaps ( like you get at Sams) for mixing colors and when I need a small container for measuring and such.

When first starting out I used lined cardboard boxes, rubbermaid containers, the plastic trays that cookies come in, pvc pipe - you will start looking at plastic containers in a new light. What you save on soap mold and tools you can put towards oils and fo.

Happy Soapin'