Peak's Cotton Wicks

I just called them to see if I could get some more information on these wicks and the girl that answered the phone had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what I was talking about and sort of refused (in not so many words) to transfer me to someone who could maybe tell me a bit more about these wicks. The girl insisted that these cotton cores are the same, standard cotton cores found everywhere else and proceeded to mention how Bittercreek and others, carry the same wick.

Now, am I mistaken, or are these NOT the standard 62-52-18c type wicks that just about everyone else carries? Cause, for the life of me, I haven't found them anywhere BUT Peak.

I would think that either they should have someone more informed answering the phones, or a receptionist who would know who it is that can answer certain questions.

Did it occur to you that maybe I did NOT ask in a confusing manner and that my question was quite clear? No need to be rude or point fingers. Did I offend you with my question or comment?

I couldn't have been clearer with what I was asking. I asked to speak with someone who could tell me more about their cotton core wicks and her response was "what would you like to know? they are the same wicks being carried by every other supplier?"

I then indicated that I thought they were either proprietary, or exclusive, cause I didn't see them anywhere else and she said..."nope, you are wrong...bitter creek has them....etc" I asked her where I could find it on Bittercreek's site or anyone else's, as I was looking for more information on them.

Again, I couldn't have been clearer, and, at some point, the proper thing to do (from a customer service point of view), would have been to say something like "Oh, ok, then let me see if I can find someone who might be able to tell you more about them."

Yes, I know. That was my point. Since they are proprietary and I could not find information on them (at least not much), I wanted them to tell me more about them. The girl insisted that they are the exact same wicks carried everywhere else, which is obviously not correct.

I don't use cotton core wicks. I looked at Peak's site and theirs appear to be numbered differently than other suppliers. That could be causign confusion. If you google 62-52-18c, you will find 10 suppliers that carry that size. hth

These wicks are different from the 60 or 62 C, etc. wicks. The Peaks' cotton ones don't mushroom as much as the other cottons. I tested them and liked them but they don't work well in my jar. They didn't seem IMO to burn as hot either i.e., the C-85 doesn't burn as hot as a 62C and I couldn't get a full mp in my jars with the same fo and wax with the C-85 but can with the 62C. I was hoping that they would work since I have some FOs that I just can't wick in my jars w/out dw. I don't want to dw my jars because I think they aren't large enough and look funny.

edited to add that the staff at Peaks are very nice and the gal (I can't remember her name) that answers the phone, I have dealt with her over the phone and in person and she is very nice and helpful.

"Did it occur to you that you may have asked in a confusing manner?"

That isn't a rude comment, in its very nature? With all due respect, read it again, please, cause, clearly you either didn't get what he was going at, or you are choosing to ignore it.

And, I never said I know everything, nor did I imply as much, but, thanks so much for your insightful commentary. It's highly valued.

And, I never said I know everything, nor did I imply as much, but, thanks so much for your insightful commentary. It's highly valued.
Peak has a very loyal following owing to their excellent customer service, despite the way you perceived your experience. If you offhandedly bash them, someone is bound to step up and defend them.

Speaking of which, I don't appreciate the smarmy way you're addressing my man Bruce here.

Congratulations! You have succeeded in pi$$ing off just about the most knowledgeable folks on this board. I'm just a poor little country girl from VA but I have always found everyone at Peaks to be very helpful and customer oriented. Sorry you had trouble getting proprietary information from the receptionist.

I emailed Peaks about a month ago and asked what the difference was between their cotton core wicks and the others. They told me that they didn't know. Not trying to get anybody upset with me, just thought that I would post what they told me. Christi

I emailed Peaks about a month ago and asked what the difference was between their cotton core wicks and the others. They told me that they didn't know. Not trying to get anybody upset with me, just thought that I would post what they told me. Christi

They probably don't know as Peaks has never carried the other cotton cored wicks so they would not be able to give you a comparison between the two different wicks.

As for CandleCouture original question most like she didn't make sure she was asking about cotton cored and not the zinc core the are numbered the same just one has a c and the other a z behind the numbers and as Peaks has never carried the other cotton cored wicks She probably thought she was asked about the zinc core.